Notify
Tools

howa mini action
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's an update on the mini. We've been talking about it some here as well:

http://forums.accuratereloadin...6711043/m/1491041322

The plastic stock leaves a lot to be desired in a few different ways, and I tried a couple different types of glue and couldn't get anything to stick to it. So I ordered a boyds laminate. I guess you get what you pay for, but at least wood is a lot easier to modify and the stock is more rigid.

Here is what I came up with. The action screws are now bolts with the heads machined flat and tapped for some smaller screws that are used to mount the plastic "magazine holder." The bolts clamp to some aluminum blocks that are epoxied into the stock.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have two of those Sako S491 guns, both in 6PPC. One is a single shot "Varmint" model with an awesome trigger, and one is a sporter that will put five rounds into .425" on a regular basis. I'm triply blessed because I just bought a NIB stock for the sporter with very nice wood.

My CZ 527s have all been very accurate. I only have a .223 left.

With a good barrel, and trigger, either the 527 (7.62x39mm model), or the Howa mini in 6.5 Grendel would make for accurate rifles.

I wish I had bought two more of those weird Sako minis. One for a Grendel, and one for a .204.

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote