New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger safety question
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does anybody know what year Ruger switched from a tang safety to a three posistion safety on the Model 77's?

Posts: 93 | Location: san antonio, texas | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Call 'em or hit their website and ask. I expect you'd get a much more believeable answer that way than asking the bunch of criminals, miscreants and yahoos who frequent these boards.

Posts: 2758 | Location: Fernley, NV-- the center of the shootin', four-wheelin', ATVin' and dirt-bikin' universe | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As a YAHOO lurking about, I resemble that comment.
Please do post the answer as I would also like to know. I love the tang ans wish they had never changed it.
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The safety was changed with the introduction of the model 77 Mark II rifle (which all current models are) This was first introduced in 1989. The magazine floorplate latch and the extraction/ejection systems were also changed at this time.

Posts: 2851 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mark IIs were originally still push feed with the 3 pos. safety on the Bolt as an example http://www.auctionarms.com/search/displayitem.cfm?ItemNum=4578975

Posts: 537 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 04 March 2001Reply With Quote
<eldeguello>
posted
SOME of the changes made in the Mk II were improvements, like the CRF extractor. However, the new safety was NOT among the improvements....