Tools

Cost and procedure for integral rib
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark_Stratton:
Rick,

I doing a run of octagons right now, do you want me to send you the chips? This might be your big chance to earn a buck..... I'm doing 5, lots of chips....

You bet... Souvenirs from a famous gun maker, I can see it now, $5 bucks a bag at the next show in Reno...or perhaps melt it all down and make little statues of that gal in the purple skirt! Smiler

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rob,

The Ruger is a 1-inch barrel shank, with 16 threads. A large ring Mauser is a 1.100 diameter shank with 12 threads.

Rick, the chips are on the way. What's my slice of the pie?

Now down to business, right now I'm doing a rifle rebarrel job, It's an octagon barrel on a large ring Mauser, small shank (.980 diameter). The barrel I'm taking off is the product we've all been talking about. It's a half round octagon, with a full length rib. Now the take off barrel belongs to the customer. It's a .257 Ackley Imp. It has a short cylinder section, so that limit the new cartridge. I believe it can be rebored. Anyone interested? Perhaps I can broker a deal with the owner.

one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
Mark, what's the length and the minor diameter at the muzzle?

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The barrel I have is .510 at the muzzle and a little over 19-inches long.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do you think Ruger contracts out to a large machine shop for those ribbed barrels?

One of Us
Picture of Rusty Marlin
posted Hide Post
No, they don't.

Rusty's Action Works
Montross VA.
Action work for Cowboy Shooters &
Manufacturer of Stylized Rigby rifle sights. http://i61.photobucket.com/alb.../th_isofrontleft.jpg

Posts: 863 | Location: Northern Neck Va | Registered: 14 December 2005Reply With Quote