New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hard Finish needed on 1911 slide. Please advise
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
i have a Kimber compact with 3" or so slide and barrel. Frame is alloy and slide is steel. Slide on exterior and exterior of barrel got some corrosion and the pitting has been polished off (not real bad but noticable) and I would like to send the slide off to someone to fully polish and put a hard coat on in a dark gray or charcoal for me. Need a pretty quick turn on it and need to know who is best. I am sure there are many out there and I live near Charlotte, NC. Any advice is recommended as well as price estimates.

Thanks,

Larry

York, SC

One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
Quick turn and Best don't go together.

I can polish it to what ever RA you want. Mirror??? as for blueing or QPQ thats another thing.

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks KS and I must stress I was not so concerned with speed over quality but what I wanted was a pretty simple refinish on a slide. I have a few Wilsons and Nighthawks that have the "durable" coatings and that was what I was looking for. I love a high polish blue but for this gun that is not what I was looking for. I assume I can get this done regionally but just do not know best people in area. Certainlly want to thank you for feedback and thoughts.

Larry

York, SC

One of Us
Picture of Aaron Little
posted Hide Post
You may look into DLC coating. Very durable, but turnaround time will be 6 weeks.

http://www.facebook.com/profil...p?id=100001646464847

A.M. Little Bespoke Gunmakers LLC
682-554-0044
Michael08TDK@yahoo.com

Posts: 1026 | Location: Mineola, TX | Registered: 15 October 2010Reply With Quote