Find
Notify
Tools

McMillan order malfunction?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Gents
During the last 2 weeks I have in vain tried to order a McMillan stock for my zkk602, but none of my mails are answered anymore. Is there a lack of interest to be found for international orders by this company, or is there some kind of vacation period right now? If the production time is 16 weeks and then some delivery time, I would have the stock after the moose/bear hunting season this year...

Have any of you had any similar experiences?
Sincerely
Daniel

Posts: 271 | Location: 68°N, Lapland Sweden | Registered: 17 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mr rigby
posted Hide Post
have you heard with gunmaker ragnar hansen in Vestfossen in norway, he is the norwegian importer and he might have one .

Posts: 1196 | Location: Kristiansand,Norway | Registered: 20 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello Huglu,
There may well be some restriction on selling of stocks/parts due to terror war we are engaged in at the time. If so, McMillan may be ignoring inquiries as yours????
Not a good answer, but believe it is a restricted issue at this time. Perhaps others can shed some light on the issue, but be assured McMillan is alive and well. Just rec'd stock for my 700 match rifle some few days ago. Good Luck

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mr Rigby:
Thanks for the Name in Norway! I have sent an enquiry there to see if it is available to get a stock from them. They had the model listed on the website, so I hope they have it! Hopefully I will not have to pay Moms (vat) on it as I live in sweden. Or perhaps I should order it to be delivered to Svalbard and fetch it there and send the old stock home by mail?

driver:
If the "war" on terror would also apply items used to keep the moose population down to 250000 animals, then I guess that a simple response from the company indicating that due to current political situation it is not possible to send things overseas. But that would still not explain why a Norwegian gunsmith can import it... The Swedish importer quit importing from McMillan due to irregular delivery times and haphazard treatment of european orders. In some cases it took well over a year to have the stock shipped after its completion, while others got their things in less than 4 months (12 weeks minimum time to make the stock).

Posts: 271 | Location: 68°N, Lapland Sweden | Registered: 17 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I orderd a stock from the norwegian importer in late february, and have not recived it yet. I hope to get it in july, but not sure as of yet.

Last I heard 12 weeks was to be expected, now its 16 weeks, and still no word.

E-mails are very irregular from mcmillan. There was a while I was corensponding(sp) with a female at mcmillan for a while, trying to find a stock for me. But sent a e-mail two weeks ago, and now, no word.

The war on terror stuff, is not true, as they stated there is no problem shipping overseas, etc..

Posts: 615 | Location: a cold place | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mr rigby
posted Hide Post
"Kerry" instead of ohh s... , why would things like this happend when iam thinking about a ordering one for my rifles. ahwell iguess Stein Erik Bredvold ,the great norwegian stockmaker will get that order. iam not sure how the things are for paying vat, but if you work on svalbard. its just to pick it up there. thank god that iam not woking there, iwould have used my pay check on shooting/hunting related items there. but that is what iam doing right now,

Posts: 1196 | Location: Kristiansand,Norway | Registered: 20 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kinfolk? Ya, I kinfolk a little. Big Grin

Posts: 1374 | Registered: 06 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't feel too bad up there in Norway. McMillan stocks can take too long to get here in the States too...............DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello Nortman,
Perhaps I should explain that I was suggesting only that the war on terror may have something to do with the exporting of firearms related items. It does apply to some things and certain dollar values; nevertheless, if you do not want to wait on a McMillan, buy something else. As mentioned, McMillan is slow but they are equipping sniper rifles we use to kill Muslims in Iraq and elsewhere and you can damn well bet that is war on terror related. Surely there is a decent stock supplier in Norway or "old Europe..." that can take care of your needs and you would not have to depend on some American source for rifle stocks!!

One of Us
Picture of mr rigby
posted Hide Post
thanks for the tip, Bredvold specializes in laminatestocks and theyre very fine. the same thing happened last year when i was purchasing a bipod aswell. They couldnt deliver Harris for several months, soo i bought Versapod, and thats very fine.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
mr. rigby,
Never heard of them, but sure they will do when you can not get "the real thing..."

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Huglu

Looks like a good business opportunity for someone in Sweden to start a company making these stocks.

One of Us
Picture of mr rigby
posted Hide Post
Well if someone gives me a couple of millions of dollars ,ill run the company, but it has to bee here in Norway since the swedes are still angry about we artn in union with them anymore. and they cant drag us into the EU so they can grab our oilmoney. he he.

that was a grat idea, if you cant get it here, make it here .

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I doubt seriously it would take a couple million. Get ahold of one, see what its made of, and make one.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try Rick Bin at www.24hourcampfire.com, he sells a boat load of McM's, even does overseas shipping if you want. His prices are a little better than ordering direct. Tell him I sent you, won't get you much though lol. He will respond but is sometime a little slow. Good Luck

Posts: 276 | Location: MId-Michigan (back in the States) | Registered: 21 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thismortalcoil: I know rich bin orders.. but, as you say, the buck stops at someone, and in this case, Mcmillan is the final place.

They make X amount of sako classics, then they put them in a storage, and when they have enough of them, they start the inletting. If you order a obscure stock, or inletting, it takes a looong time.

They should really invest in one or two more cnc machines.

Posts: 615 | Location: a cold place | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
http://mcmfamily.com/mcmillan/specials/miscspc.asp

they show a CZ550 with a 458 Win barrel contour in stock. As I understand a 550 magnum stock will fit a 602

Given the current wait time (I'm still waiting on a Feb 6/06 order for a M70) and that a 602 is not the most popular inlet, I'd snap up the one in stock and have a gunsmith bed and fit it.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Robertson Composites Inc. ships lots to you area of the world, from Canada so there are no export issues.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Huglu
try www.jacksonrifles.com he is the UK distributor, and you might be lucky..
regards
griff

Posts: 1179 | Location: scotland | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote