New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sako 75 ejection problems
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a 75 in .223. Most cases don't eject 'nicely'. They don't get thrown out, they just kind of fall off the back of the bolt and sit in the breach. I have to turn the rifle slightly to the side and give it a bit of a shake to get the case out. Before I start to investigate this problem, just wanted to make sure it is not a normal occurrence in this model, and where the best place to begin looking for problems is?

Posts: 37 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: 23 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Awesome responses guys.

Seems as though the cases that fail to eject are definitely hitting the bottom of the scope and falling back into the open action. Is there any way to adjust the ejector so it throws cases slightly to the side instead of straight up?

Posts: 37 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: 23 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am not a Sako expert but have seen others work that way. Does the extractor hold the cases tight in the bolt face? If not does the extractor move freely with good spring tension?

Blagg Rifles, Eastern OR

Posts: 103 | Location: Eastern Oregon | Registered: 06 August 2009Reply With Quote