New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rifle barrels?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Any experiences with Pac-Nor pre-threaded & chambered barrels?

Any use experiences at all are appreciated.

Many thanks,

Sam

eclemmons@hotmail.com

Posts: 702 | Location: Lenoir. N.C. | Registered: 18 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have used two of them. A stainless steel, fluted, 7mm STW on a Rem 700 and a chome moly 270Wby on a VZ-24 Mauser. Both are great shooters. Not benchrest accuracy, but sub MOA 3 shot groups with handloads using hunting bullets. I am considereing adding an 8mm Rem Mag built on a M70 Classic action to that list. I will probably go with a SS barrel since they seem to be less prone to copper fouling than CM barrels.

Just in case you are not aware, these pre-threaded and chambered barrels are not just screw in. They require some gunsmithing to set the headspace.

My gunsmith charged $100 for this service vs. his normal $250 - $300 to thread an chamber.

Posts: 142 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
My 30.06 wears a fluted PacNor bbl and I like it just fine. The smith did a tight necked chambering and it is a very accurate rifle. The barrel exceeded my expectations.

I would not hesitate to purchase another PacNor bbl.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Unless you are real lucky you get what you pay for with prefit barrels.
Longshot

Posts: 322 | Location: Youngsville, NC | Registered: 23 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a 9.3mm PacNor barrel that was gunsmith chambered for 9.3x62mm and placed in a ore war VZ-24 receiver. It shoots very very well!

LLS

Posts: 996 | Location: Texas | Registered: 14 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
I have a PAC-NOR in .204 Ruger on a SAKO action and it shoots sub-minute of prairiedog. I also have a 9.3 X 62 that I haven't shot yet, I'll let everyone know when it's done.

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote