New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need smith for Remington trigger work
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Need a gunsmith here in the USA I can send a couple Remington triggers to. They are factory set way too heavy and also need to be smoothed up.. I do not feel comfortable attempting this myself, so I need someone who actually knows how to rework these. Who would you recommend I send these to ?

Thanks

one of us
posted Hide Post
Contact Mike Koster in Michigan

Kostermd@sbcglobal.net

He does all my triggers now.

Remember, forgivness is easier to get than permission.

Posts: 3993 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Don't they need to be on the gun to be adjusted?

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TC1:

Terry

Nope, just to be tested. I personally wouldn't touch a trigger that didn't have a rifle attached, but I think the TriggerSmith or something like that will do it.

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Westpac:
quote:
Originally posted by TC1:

Terry

Nope, just to be tested. I personally wouldn't touch a trigger that didn't have a rifle attached, but I think the TriggerSmith or something like that will do it.

For whatever reason The Trigger Smith went belly up 6 or 8 months ago. I had him do one for me, glad I got it back. From what I understand, there were some people who weren't so lucky.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep, the triggersmith is gone. He did one for me and every time I closed the bolt hard the firing pin dropped shocker. When he did tank a lot of people lost their triggers.

Posts: 41901 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
I can do the triggers but not without the rifles; wouldn't even consider it as there's too many variables involved beyond just the trigger mechanism.

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2939 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote