New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rebore to 9.3; Should I? Where could I?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'm thinking about having a Ruger Mk II 30-06 Express rifle (with the integral quarter rib) rebored to 9.3x62. Ruger doesn't make this rifle anymore and I guess there are not a whole lot of them around, so I'm wondering if it is a good candiate for reboring or might it be better left as is?

I have read that Cliff LeBounty sold his operation and is not doing rebores at present. Any recommendations of others doing good reboring work? Thanks.

Posts: 203 | Location: in & of Dixie | Registered: 17 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
Here is a recent post on this very subject.

https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9411043/m/987106312/r/745100412#745100412

Unless someone can convince me otherwise, I've decided to use Jim Dubell. Partly because of La Bounty's past rep and partly because he can do it in less than 8 months. I'd like to have mine done before the fall.

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4863 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
akriet,
To clarify zlr's post. Jim Dubell has purchased Cliff's boring business and has been trained by Cliff. I was on the phone with him just an hour ago. 509 684 5855

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jim White
posted Hide Post
Danny Pedersen in Prescott, AZ and Al Siegrist in MI also do re-boring. You can get in touch with Danny at www.cutrifle.com

99% of the democrats give the rest a bad name.

"O" = zero

NRA life member

Posts: 730 | Location: Prescott, AZ | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
Danny's a nice guy but he's also one of those that needs 6 months to rebore. A plus for him though is that he can and will chamber a 9.3x62 unlike some others.

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4863 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Slingster
posted Hide Post
I'm going to have Dan Pedersen rebore a 9.3x57 Husky to .376 Steyr for me. We've talked about it, and yes, he did quote a six-month delivery time.

---
Eric Ching
"The pen is mightier than the sword...except in a swordfight."

Posts: 1079 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all for the info and contacts.

Posts: 203 | Location: in & of Dixie | Registered: 17 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dan Pedersen is doing one of my 30-378's and he also quoted 6 month turn around.

Customstox- Thanks for the contact info for Jim.

Hunting its not a Hobby its My Way of Life!!!

Posts: 449 | Location: Kaneohe,Hawaii | Registered: 20 September 2004Reply With Quote