New
Find
Notify
Tools

trigger work on Marlin guide gun
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
suggestions on how to smooth and lighter trigger on a guide gun? have done work on bolt guns but never lever actions.
thank you

Posts: 43 | Location: s/e ga. | Registered: 16 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of R-WEST
posted Hide Post
If you can't find the info you need, and/or don't want to try it yourself, go to http://www.clarkcustomguns.com/rifles.htm#trigger. Their toll free number is 888-458-4126.

Welcome to the forum. I've found more info, tips, connections, etc.., in here than I ever thought possible.

R-WEST

Posts: 1483 | Location: Windber, PA | Registered: 24 January 2001Reply With Quote
<Blackwater>
posted
Pick up a copy of M.L. McPherson's book, "Accurizing the Factory Rifle" from Precision Shooting Magazine. Book is .44.95 and shp. $3.00. It has much other info on accurizing and modifying the Marlin rifles that you'll likely find very interesting. He also has directions for modifying for longer than 2.550" COL rounds. There are plenty of photos to ensure you can decipher what he's talking about.

Call PS Mag. at (860)645-8776. They're good people.

<Ben H>
posted
I agree with BLACKWATER. It's an exceptional book where one can learn a lot of practical tips.

Good Shooting,

Ben H

one of us
posted Hide Post
Jim Brockman, Gooding Idaho, 208-326-4120

He specializes in Marlin Custom work.

------------------
Ray Atkinson

ray@atkinsonhunting.com
atkinsonhunting.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I too would recommend Jim Brockman. While he does specialize in lever guns, he just built his 416 Rigby working rifle for us and it looks and feels great. We'll find out tomorrow if it shoots as good as Jim says it will. He's a gentleman to work with as well.

Posts: 740 | Location: CT/AZ USA | Registered: 14 February 2001Reply With Quote