New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which Bluing do you recomend ?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted

I am going to try to reblue the barrels on an side by side shotgun and I want a durable finish on it. Cold blues just don't last in the humid area where I live. I am looking at Herter's Belgian Blue, Pilkington Rust Blue and Brownells Dicropan "IM". I am leaning toward trying the slow rust Blue which is the hardest to do because it is said to be the best finish, but I would like to know what you pro's would use.
Thanks, Dale

Posts: 52 | Location: Harlingen, Tx, USA | Registered: 09 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill Soverns
posted Hide Post
I use Mark Lee Slow Rust blue #3. Works great. Gun Goddess is another good product but can be difficult to use. Its a very aggressive solution.

Posts: 1268 | Location: Newell, SD, USA | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bill
Where would I find The Mark Lee slow rust blue # 3 ? Brownells catalog only lists Mark Lee Express Blue # 1.

Posts: 52 | Location: Harlingen, Tx, USA | Registered: 09 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill Soverns
posted Hide Post
Dale,

Call him up and order it. He can be reached at 952-461-2114.

Posts: 1268 | Location: Newell, SD, USA | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bill
I like the idea of ordering from the maker. I am going to get a bottle of it and try it out.
Again, Thanks for your help.

one of us
Picture of Bill Soverns
posted Hide Post
Dale,

No problem. Let me know if you have any other questions about rust bluing. Not much I havent screwed up in that area.