New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cas11 This is in reference to shipping
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Cas11; This is to shipping reference actually not shipping too the following Marin, Napa ,Ventura

, and Yolo Counties , as they are restricted . Two publications via mail have similar restrictions .

Still have not been able to find out why those counties in particular are restricted on certain items .

I should mention this is on Ammo magazines certain other items such as night vision Etc. .

Company maintains it's a local County Government restriction as it's not state wide .

Item Numbers 9 and 34 .

Curious is all and if you know why ?. beer archer archer archer

Posts: 4485 | Location: Planet Earth | Registered: 17 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
DO NOT use The Sportsmans Guide for an indication of laws, those guys are beyond clueless.

They won't even ship dinner knives to Massachusetts and I assure you that I'm not forced to cut my steaks with a spoon.

They also won't ship lasers here either, go figure.

Posts: 952 | Location: Mass | Registered: 14 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Maybe I just fell off the turnip truck...but what's this all about?

Methinks a serious look at postal regulations are in order (again)

I just shipped another rifle vis USPostal from the same post office that earlier refused to ship a firearm.

I made it a special point to get the same stumblefuck clerk..Sweet smiles all over the place!

Pay no attention to what these jerks tell you...look it up and educate these a-holes big time.

It ain't gonna get easier unless you bare your claws..do not give an inch...do not ignore and go to another post office down the street..hold up the entire operation for all day if you have to.

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doc224/375:
Cas11; This is to shipping reference actually not shipping too the following Marin, Napa ,Ventura

, and Yolo Counties , as they are restricted . Two publications via mail have similar restrictions .

Still have not been able to find out why those counties in particular are restricted on certain items .

I should mention this is on Ammo magazines certain other items such as night vision Etc. .

Company maintains it's a local County Government restriction as it's not state wide .

Item Numbers 9 and 34 .

Curious is all and if you know why ?. beer archer archer archer

Now there is a quality source for valid legal information!

Tell that to Cabela's, Grafs, Midway, Jerry SPorts Center, and the other 1000 retailers that will ship.

I can't find a local ordinance anywhere stating such a restriction, nor does the local law enforcement know anything about it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank You ; I don't have them on retainer so as far as being legal scholars ,that was never in question . The only one I truly trust has their name printed on our currency . P S. It's not the Feds !.

As I don't reside inside of those counties I was simply curious as to " WHY " they would restrict

their sales base if no such laws existed ?. That was my Only Point .

I've never purchased anything from them . The quality plus name brands seems to be in question .

Duane Wiebe ; If you have any more trouble with USPS do yourself and others a favor .

Send a registered letter directly too the Postmaster General.

If you need an address I can provide it , It will get his Personal Attention . I can guarantee it !.

An official notice will then flow down the pipe too your Postal outlet . With in weeks they'll be

saluting you upon entrance . Nothing pisses him off more than getting a DIRECT COMPLAINT !.

I understand he puts forth an equal effort to ensure " Everyone " follows the Postal law criteria .

As in Post masters seem to disappear early outs golden hand shake .

( whatever you prefer to call them ) ... archer archer archer

Posts: 4485 | Location: Planet Earth | Registered: 17 October 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd have to see exactly what the item was before I said they were wrong. They did save me a lot of hassle because they refused to send me some throwing stars a few years ago. My daughter wanted them and a bunch of folks said yes, but not SG. I contacted them and found out they were absolutely right...my CITY listed throwing stars as illegal and they were the only ones that had that information. When I called the others back about it, they all just said "your local laws are your problem, not ours".

I will bet it is valid, if you know exactly what the item is. Without that, everyone is guessing.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What I was making references to was Ammo in general as Sportsmans won't ship it into those counties .

Kommyfornia in general has many restrictions as far as black power weapons hi capacity magazines

relic weapons Etc. . I simply was trying to find out " WHY " those previously mentioned

counties were singled out !. Yet the rest of the State wasn't included ?.

No one seems to have a clue . archer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Doc,

If you really want to know (and really care), why not contact those with the "ban" and find out. I've often wondered about the restrictions myself.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote