Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

need help
 Login/Join

posted
Guys I bought a stainless M70 CRF M 70 for a nasty weather deer rifle(this is my first ss and synthetic rifle I'm a blued steel and walnut guy but these do have their place), but I hate the tupperwear stock on it. What I need help with is who makes the best synthetic or composite stock for my rifle.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are several offerings on the market, but I would opt for McMillan. Have had them and well done and quality. Negative is that delivery is long normally. Check their site and also check out their "specials" and you might luck out there??

Posts: 1328 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 19 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would second that!

Jim

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5521 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I own and am pleased with McMillan but am also darn happy with Mark Basner's. It's light, stout and a lot less $$$.

Posts: 1577 | Location: Either far north Idaho or Hill Country Texas depending upon the weather | Registered: 26 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The bell and carlson premier series really are pretty good with their aluminum bedding blocks in the stock, along with the HS stocks, but I'll agree with the above that mcmillan is better. If you don't mind the labor, high-tech specialties has a reasonable and lightweight sythetic, and you'll spend a bit of time finishing them up.

Shoot straight, shoot often.
Matt

Posts: 1182 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 19 July 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I figured McMillian would be the number one choice and was/am wanting to see what else people like. some work doesn't bother me I have glass bed many wood stocks just never messed with any synthetics. As far as weight it doesnt really matter to me (hunt from tree stands and tower stands) so it doesnt have to be light just strong and dependable.