New
Find
Notify
Tools

have actionand ordered lilja- now need smith
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'm starting a custom varmint gun project. I have a Rem700 short action, and I ordered a 1 1/4 stainless blank in 6mm 1:8 twist. when the barrel arrives (6-8wks), I'll need a good gumsmith to do all the goodies to make her a tack driver. Any recommendations? Prefer someone in the Pacific NW,but its not absolutely neccessary( I would like to meet him).

Posts: 94 | Location: Tri-Cities, WA | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muffin
posted Hide Post
Read my post under NC SC gunsmith recomendations, for DGS, INC.

<RussT>
posted
Have Mr Lilja send the barrel down the street to Dennis Olson there in Plains. Good work and fair prices.

one of us
posted Hide Post
There are a number of good benchrest 'smiths in WA and the NW. If you post over on xtremeaccuracy.com you may get some replies from a number of shooters in WA and OR. I know a lot of the shooters but do my own work so I'm not up on the 'smiths but there are some good ones. The xtremeaccuracy.com message board is called "Group Therapy" and this may be the URL: http://scripts.xtremeaccuracy.com/?

Posts: 275 | Location: NW USA | Registered: 27 May 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Have to agree about Dale Storey at DGS in Casper,WY. For several years have shot nothing but rifles built by him. All extremely accurate and reliable. Great work at a reasonable price.

Posts: 17 | Location: Littleton,CO | Registered: 12 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would choose between John Ricks near Tacoma or Jim Dubbell in Colville. whivever is handiest for you. Both do great work. Regards, Bill.

Posts: 3764 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
<John Lewis>
posted
If you are looking for someone out west, there just isn't anybody better than John Ricks. Very knowledgable and meticulous.

one of us
posted Hide Post
My vote goes to Darrel Holland .
www.hollandsguns.com
PO Box 69
Powers,Oregon 97466
541-439-5155

Z

Posts: 95 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 31 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Caravelli,
Jim Dubell grew up at the feet of his gunsmith father in Delta Alaska and has taken the business with him (Delta Gunshop) to Colville. His metalwork is as good as it gets. You can reach him at 509 684 5855. Between Jim and John Ricks (Port Angeles, I believe)you couldn't go wrong.

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the help, I'll be calling a few of these fine smiths and I'll tell them you guys sent me!

Posts: 94 | Location: Tri-Cities, WA | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote