THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    How are the Williams magnum mauser actions coming along?

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How are the Williams magnum mauser actions coming along?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Matt, any update?

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
Matt

Stop withholding the fun stuff. We want to see and hear about this beauty

Don't be shy, show us [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

/ JOHAN

one of us
posted Hide Post
I think Matt is consuming the midnight oil and up to his ears in SolidWorks CAD programming and CNC programming for the machining centers. I tried calling him a couple of times this week, but all hands are on the shop floor. Not only is the programming time intensive, but fixtures have to be made for the machining centers, tooling has to be specified and ordered, and several prototype runs must be made to perfect the machining steps.

Rest assured that the end results will be well worth the wait. After my visit to Williams Firearms I am confident that Matt and his Dad will give us a very nice product.

Posts: 1055 | Location: Real Sasquatch Country!!! I Seen 'Em! | Registered: 16 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of triggerguard1
posted Hide Post
Sorry guys that it took so long to get back with you on our progress thus far, but with an overwhelming amount of orders from both new, and existing customers, we've been swamped just trying to get our bottom metal out the door. All of this coupled with my uncanny ability to catch strep throat this last week, put a damper on my internet activity.
One of the biggest snags that we've come across is the lathe work that must be performed. I'm on my third prospect without a warm fuzzy feeling that he will be able to do the work. This leads me to my only alternative, that being aquiring our own CNC lathe to handle the work.
In short, as money and time allows, we will diligently try to get this project on line asap, but unfortunately, we've had more setbacks than anticipated.
We appreciate everyones support and patience as we continue on with this project.

John,
Give me call this week, sometime before Wednesday afternoon.

Posts: 1021 | Location: Prineville, OR 97754 | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote