THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Where to buy barreled actions? Specifically, Howa

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where to buy barreled actions? Specifically, Howa
 Login/Join

posted
Thank you.

one of us
posted Hide Post
That reminds me of "Where do you buy a microwave high Voltage transformer?
Panasonic parts department will order you one for $150.
The joke is, the whole microwave oven can be found at the mall for $100.

Brownell's sells barreled actions, but even with the gunsmith discount, they still cost more than buying the whole rifle.

There are lots of "take off barrels" for sale for cheap as a result of this economic situation:
http://www.jamescalhoon.com/articles.html

# 22 Caliber stainless barrels - 14 twist "take offs" from Ruger 77 Hornets - Brand new $50
# 22 caliber chrome moly "take off" barrels from CZ 527s - Brand new $35 (specify 223 or Hornet, Hornet barrels are .223" groove diameter and make great replacements for 22 rimfires)

Posts: 2249 | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
<Guest>
posted
this would only be my perception, but I have a feeling that on this site you are not going to find too many people who are interested in Howa for the specific reason that most custom rifles are made either on a controlled feed action or a remington action.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Your best bet for a barreled action is to have your FFL dealer order one from a distributor, IF the distributor sells them that way. It will be cheaper than from Brownell's.

Posts: 1366 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 10 February 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
MikeG log on to www.legacysports.com and you will find a function displaying dealers around the country for Howa guns and actions.

Even though I have several custom rifle's I went this route last year with a Howa ss 223 and ended up with a very smooth operating and accurate rifle. I have recommeded this combo to several friends(some of them also have customs) and every one has been more than pleased with the results.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I saw Remington short actions on the Brownells website recently. There was another companys action also.
I forget who. You're correct though. They do seem outlandishly expensive. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Posts: 1866 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: 01 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Have your FFL dealer call jerry's sports center in Forest City, PA www.jerryssportscenter.com They're a wholesaler and they carry the Howa barreled actions. I ordered one from them a few months ago.

one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
Quote:

this would only be my perception, but I have a feeling that on this site you are not going to find too many people who are interested in Howa for the specific reason that most custom rifles are made either on a controlled feed action or a remington action.

Blue, poor folk have poor ways My .257wby varmint getter is Howa based and shoots very well.

I just went thru my local gunshop to get the barreled action, tossed the original barrel.

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote