New
Find
Notify
Tools

The aftermath of a days shooting
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Damn!! sure had fun at the range today, some of the greatest weather we have had in a very long time. In the past couple of weeks I have swapped a few scopes around and needed to get them dialed back in plus a couple of new additions.In all I think I took 8 rifles and 1 pistol.
The shooting went better than expected as no wind at all and the whole range to my self for the most part.
Then, it set in that all these guns would need a good cleaning Confused Roll Eyes
I came up with a wonderful brain storm, parked the pickup in the front yard, set up the portable bench and as I unloaded the pickup, the guns were cleaned in perfect weather and no fuss from the warden about the smell roflmao
Hope everyone had a great holiday as mine ended perfect

Posts: 1605 | Location: Wa. State | Registered: 19 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't keep us in suspense. Where is the photo of the target for that fancy new .264 you were showing the other day. bewildered

one of us
posted Hide Post
22WRF, you sir are sharp as a tack. clap clap
After all the shooting,dialing in scopes,cleaning and fouling shots and then packing up all the gear, I totally forgot all the targets on the backboards until I got about 1/2 way home. Its a 30 mile drive one way to this range and I just did not feel like going back.
I will report, that she's a keeper thumb and as it gets a few more rounds down the tube, I expect it to do even better will some handloads.All in all a very good day.

Posts: 1605 | Location: Wa. State | Registered: 19 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Forgot your targets??? bewildered Thats a good one! beer beer Id like to see how that 6.5/338 shot too. Big Grin

Whats the story on that SWAT rifle?

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
GSP, All the way home I kept thinkin I would take alot of heat over this but I'm old and was flat worn out. It will be out again, shortly and I assure of pictures of targets Big Grin
The SWAT rifle as you call it is actually my Custom Varmit AR, Custom Diamond Billett lower, with my name as the ser#, with the newly added Colt flat top upper with a 24" kreiger barreland kreiger matched bolt,Knight Armament free float tube, KA 300 meter fold down rear sight and a Young flod down front sight and gas block.It has a Leupold Mk4 10 taret dot setting up top. This will be sent up to be threaded for the bi-lock flash hider to accept the suppressor. This is what it looked like last week

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'f I set up my rifles on the front lawn in Australia, some silly bugger would ring the cops. They would then ring the swat team.
At best I'd then get a long lecture.
John L.

Posts: 2355 | Location: Australia | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ropes
posted Hide Post
Where did you get that lower..

Posts: 549 | Location: Denial | Registered: 27 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill Mc
posted Hide Post
Jimmy, what would Jeff Foxworthy say about a feller that cleans his rifles in the front yard?

clap

"You might be a redneck"

Jimmy, it looks good. Now about those targets ...

Back to the still.

Spelling, I don't need no stinkin spelling

The older I get, the better I was.

Posts: 1450 | Location: North Georgia | Registered: 16 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
I can remember when I was a kid and a couple of men got on the bus to go skeet shooting (this was in Chatsworth in the San Fernando Valley outside of LA)and he guns weren't even in a case. This was circa 1959 and nobody cared. Times have changed.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of baboon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JAL:
I'f I set up my rifles on the front lawn in Australia, some silly bugger would ring the cops. They would then ring the swat team.
At best I'd then get a long lecture.
John L.

Hell I get looks just carrying mine out to my truck in the driveway.

Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war;
That this foul deed shall smell above the earth
With carrion men, groaning for burial.

Posts: 1107 | Location: Houston Texas | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I cured that by finding a lady friend who likes the smell of Hoppes #9 Big Grin

Heavy bbl flat top AR's are fun with a good supply of 77gr SMK's loaded and a bunch of splatable targets waaayy out there. mgun

Rick R
Of all the things I've lost in life, I miss my mind the most.

Posts: 162 | Location: On top of a mountain in WV | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
Times really have changed. I remember when Texas highschools had smallbore shooting teams and guys carried their rifles from class to class (cased) on practice days because they wouldn't fit in a locker.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11142 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ropes, My buddy has 1 left with a standard ser#, its 300.00 shipped.

One of Us
Picture of Collins
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paladin:
I cured that by finding a lady friend who likes the smell of Hoppes #9 Big Grin

I'm tryin' to find a gal who'll WEAR it! Big Grin

Collins
Airgunner / 458 SOCOMer/ 45-70er / 458 Lotter

www.actionairgun.com LIVE NOW

Posts: 2327 | Location: The Sunny South! St. Augustine, FL | Registered: 29 May 2004Reply With Quote