THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Picture of Leeper Model 70 (more pictures)
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Rick, those gods of whom you speak are already wreaking havoc. I've drawn a coveted Mule Deer tag, its a banner year for horn growth, and I've been offered a job that might conflict. I was pretty confident I could dispell the curse this fall, but I'm beginning to wonder.....

Chuck

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
<allen day>
posted
I agree. Pretty is as pretty does. If a rifle won't shoot or function properly, I get disinterested with it in a real hurry.

As far as the U.S custom riflemakers go, D'Arcy Echols simply wrote a whole new book on blueprinting, accurizing, and getting the absolute most out of the Model 70 in terms of 100% reliable feeding and function, refinement, and workmanship. He does things to the Model 70 action that I didn't even know COULD be done. He basically takes the receiver, trigger group and bolt, throws everything else away, and after some 82 proceedures and a whole slew of new parts, including a whole new magazine system that he makes himself, etc., you have yourself a RIFLE. He takes the blueprinting so far that he even remachines the underside of the receiver to ensure the most precise bedding platform possible. As far as I'm concerned, D'Arcy, as well as Dave Miller and Curt Crum, plus Gene Simillion stand at the very pinacle of Model 70 experts here in the U.S.A.

AD

one of us
posted Hide Post
Chuck,
You printed a mirror image of the photographs! How did you do that?
JCN

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote