Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Best Mcmillan stock for the Montana 1999
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Quote:

Their website doesn't list the Montana action yet. Can you send them your Montana action and have them put it into any of the Winchester style stocks?

Yes.
- mike

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They told me last week that the barreled action had been shipped, but my dealer hasn't called me yet. I had them go ahead and barrel it, as I've been hearing good things about the Montana barrels. Let me know how the stock works out for you... how much was the Bansner "blank," and how much more inletting was needed on it?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I am doing a short action stainless in .358 Win for a timber rifle, and I want a lightweight stock.

My MRC SS SA RH Mag action is at the smiths to have a Bansner Ultralight stock fitted. It should be ready in less than a month. Stand by and I will give you the details on it when it's done.

That stock "blank" weighed only about 20 oz unfinished. What with the bedding, pad and paint it might go 26 oz? That may be a half pound less than a McMillan which is quite a bit of weight.

Have you got your MRC action yet? If so how much does it weigh? For a real "Featherweight" with that substantial action I had considered using take off M70 Featherweight bottom metal and a true Winchester Featherweight contour barrel on the standard bolt face action that has been cancelled.

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote