Notify
Tools

DSB Magnum Mauser Actions
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Brad_Rolston
posted
Hi

The Double Square Bridge Magnum Mauser Actions that were manufactured by Vektor , are no longer being produced .

There are nine of these actions still available , and are being sold at under $2000 .

If anyone would like any help obtaining one , or needs more info , please contact me at rolston585ae@iafrica.com

Brad

Posts: 318 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Brad, That's a bit of a tease. Tell us the story!

Did Vector ever produce left hand mausers? I seem to remember it was on the drawing board at one stage. Did it ever get off the ground?

Posts: 1210 | Location: Zurich | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Brad_Rolston
posted Hide Post
Hi Stu

Tease ???

Vektor is part owned by the South African Government , and rumors have it that they have been bought out by PMP .

Many influential people have tried to convince them to continue the production of the DSB action but it looks like it will not be happening .

They are quite unique in that they were manufactured from cut off pieces of steel used for the manufacture of the G6 Long Range Cannon .

There are currently 8 of them left and they are available for both 404 & 500 Jeffery - cost $1900 .

There are left hand actions available , but they have been "quarantined" . Am trying at the moment to have them "released"

Brad

Posts: 318 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
Brad

I thought that Vektor was owned by Denel?

I hope the action continues to be manufactured, it a well made action compared to others. Has the Kynoch contract been completed, I guess they bought a years production or soo.

The prices seems to vary quite a lot

Cheers

/ JOHAN

one of us
Picture of Brad_Rolston
posted Hide Post
Hi Johan

Rumers have it that they are being taken over or bought by PMP - don't know for sure .

Will send you more info as soon as I hear anything .

Brad