New
Find
Notify
Tools

ACGG Show Next Weekend
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I was thinking of how all of us AR members can meet next weekend at the show. Since we won't know each other by sight, why don't we meet at my table at 1PM of Friday. Maybe we can go out and have dinner Friday night as a group. Saturday night is the Guilds dinner and auction so some of us will be busy that night.

one of us
Picture of Bill Soverns
posted Hide Post
See you there Mark!

Posts: 1268 | Location: Newell, SD, USA | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Okay, I'm shameless.

Anybody driving up from Southern California want to split the gas money?

I can swing the time, but not the airfare.

flaco

And I don't want to miss the opportunity to meet so many that are among my heroes.

Might learn something, too.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I can swing the time, but not the airfare.

Lucky you I am just the opposite, time I don't have, I am going to miss it till next year and I have friends going I would like to meet there.

Posts: 1486 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 28 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Any of you Reno Show guys know About RV parking for the show?
Im not a hotel person , but would like to drive to Reno with 5th wheel trailer.

Im sure there is a RV park out of town but what about the siver lagacy do they allow us RVers?

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mark, I am looking forward to seeing you again this year.

square shooter

Posts: 2608 | Location: Moore, Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello Mark, Me and the wife will be there and would sure like to meet you. I think our plane lands in Reno at 11:30 so we should be able to make it by 1:00. Are you going to try to arrange reservations early? I am meeting 2 friends that would also join us for supper.

Chad Mercer

Posts: 85 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 14 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
A friend and I are flying in on Fri AM. It'll be close , but I think we'll make it to the show by 1PM. We'll come looking for you when we get there.

Anyone else on Continental flight #357 from Houston that departs at 9:35 am Fri?

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Forrest,
I am coming in on the Subaru flight from Moses Lake WA on Thursday night. Get to spend some quality time harassing Howard.

GSP7, the parking at the silver legacy is a parking garage. I suspect it does not have the head room.

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
How about this, the group that there at 1 PM chooses where we go and at what time. If your you come in later, I will tell you what the plan is. Of course your wife can come along, she might be bored, but of course she takes you shopping once in awhile. Get even.....

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GSP7:

Im sure there is a RV park out of town but what about the siver lagacy do they allow us RVers?

The Silver Legacy used to have an uncovered RV lot just down the street (around back) from the hotel. Like Chic said, I don’t remember the parking garage as being high enough for RV’s.

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I dont think you can even drive a 4x4 pickup under those parking structures.

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark_Stratton:
How about this, the group that there at 1 PM chooses where we go and at what time. If your you come in later, I will tell you what the plan is. Of course your wife can come along, she might be bored, but of course she takes you shopping once in awhile. Get even.....

Hey, just because I am really nice guy I’ll will take all your wives drinking and gambling while y’all do whatever you want to...just be sure to leave them your ATM cards!

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I dont think you can even drive a 4x4 pickup under those parking structures.

You can get them in there but you have to sort of get a running start at, if you know what I mean.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm really not an RV kind of guy but I've stayed alot over at the Hilton, by the airport. They have a nice RV site along the Truckee River, right next to the place where you can hit golf balls into the cement pond.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mark , Ill look into it monday. I have drove through Reno many times and glad to get out on the open road toward Winimucca.
Ill have to check into the local RV parks

Rick

one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
quote:

There is an RV park adjacent to the Hilton where the SCI show is staged. If you camp there, there are shuttle buses that run between the convention center and the Silver Legacy.

Hilton RV Parking

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill Soverns
posted Hide Post
btt - 3days and counting cheers

Posts: 1268 | Location: Newell, SD, USA | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For better or for worse, god willing and the creek don't rise, I'll be there.

As a few know, I'm a journalist best know for my work with old wooden speedboats:

Anyway, custom rifles are my new passion--obsession--so I'll be bringing cameras with hopes of photographing a few rifles, and the men that made them.

I'd like to freelance a sympathetic story to a general interest periodical.

Yes, I know there are legitimate gun writers haunting these pages, and I'll be happy to defer to them.

I wouldn't claim to have anywhere near the knowledge they do, but I know at least a couple of '09 actions intimately.

LOL.

Hope to see you there,

flaco

N.B. Mainly I'll be in Reno to have fun, though. Is it true that some of the SCI guys bring their nieces?