Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Price Suggestions for Ruger 77 Stocks
 Login/Join

posted
I'm looking for some suggestions on prices for Ruger 77 tang safety stocks. I have two which are from my 338 Rifle, one the original wood stock and the other a McMillan aftermarket. I'm planning on doing something different with the action and trying to determine how much I could realize from the sale of these stocks to fund my new venture.

I'd really appreciate any suggestions. Once I've worked out the details with my gunsmith, I'll post these in the Classified Section.

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
These come up on that famous auction site all the time; Depending on condition. $75 to $125, ,maybe more, maybe less.
McMillan? More.

Posts: 17182 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
O.K. Thanks. The wood stock is in very good shape so I'll probably try to get $100 out of it. I looked up the new price for the McMillan and it is $563 !!! Although the stock is in good shape I'm not sure I could get anything close to that. Anyone out there have any idea of what a reasonable expectation would be? I may just keep it as I might have another use for it.

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Put it on the Classified section, with pictures, and a price and see. Then lower the price until it sells, or you want to quit.

Posts: 17182 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Sounds good. Thanks for your advice.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I sold one here within the last year for $100. It was in excellent/near new condition.

Posts: 740 | Location: Corrales, New Mexico | Registered: 03 February 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
The last list price from Ruger was $230. for the tang safety stock and this was years ago. I'm positive it would sell for $100. but because there are very few nice ones around, I'd start at $200. myself.

Posts: 5709 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote