New
Find
Notify
Tools

We Are All Doing Something Wrong!??
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
I am sure many of you had a bit of hassle fixing a scope on at least a rifle or two. In fact, I have had a few occasions that took me quite a while to get things right.

I was going through the TV chanels yesterday, and came across an old Western movie running. Apparently one of the bad guys was up on some sort of observation tower next to a mine. And he was picking anyone who ran towards him.

Most of the shooting was done by pistols - and those guys are sure better shot than me with pistols.

They never miss! Regardless of distance!

But, the clincher is a young man looks around, and finds a small spotting scope on a stand. He picks it up, and it just so happens that it has a clip which was just right to fit on a lever action r ifle he had.

He clipped the scope on the rifle, looked through it, adjusting it as he did.

He then takes aim at the bad guy on the tower, and drills him in the middle of the chest, dropping him dead!

I wish I can do that with the scopes I mount. Imagine the amount of ammo that can be saved by us all.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68737 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed, I believe this is the same guy that shoots seventeen times with his Colt peacemaker before he reloads.

Posts: 908 | Location: Western Colorado | Registered: 21 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I do it with my red dot sight. I put the red dot right on my front post while looking through my rear aperature and that gets me on the paper at 100 yards every time.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12700 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have done the same with lasers line then dot up with the sights very close out to about 30 yards.

Fjold so thats what a funny stock CA AR looks like Mad is the mag fixed in place also.

Posts: 19597 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sometime soon after the movie "Sahara" came out, Humphrey Bogart was doing a USO tour in Naples, Italy. Outside the club one night a G.I. accosted him and asked where he could get a Colt pistol that fired 14 times like in the movies. Bogie's reply- "Ain't Hollywood grand!"

Posts: 332 | Location: Annapolis,Md. | Registered: 24 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The best I've seen was a cover of a paperback novel, a western. As the cowboy fired the empty cases dropped out of the pistol -- a cap and ball revolver ! Roll Eyes rotflmo

one of us
posted Hide Post
That sounds like the movie "Joe Kidd". Clint Eastwood (who else??!!) is being shelled from, oh, 6-700 yards away. He opens the case on a take-down rifle, puts it together, makes a few scope adjustments, then shoots the sniper in the chest with one shot, kneeling, OFF-HAND! Damn, he's good!!!

MKane160

You can always make more money, you can never make more time...........LLYWD. Have you signed your donor card yet?

Posts: 488 | Location: TN | Registered: 03 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
Did you guys ever watch the movie Quigley down under with Tom Selleck? Great movie, but shooting a bucket offhand at a great distance with iron sights - now that's some shooting.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2326 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of El Deguello
posted Hide Post
He was probably using the iron sights on the rifle, looking at them thru the scope!

"Bitte, trinks du nicht das Wasser. Dahin haben die Kuhen gesheissen."

Posts: 4386 | Location: New Woodstock, Madison County, Central NY | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Fjold so that-s what a funny stock CA AR looks like. Is the mag fixed in place also.

Yes; the mags are ten-shot and are welded in place. You have to crack the action to reload it. And dig that crazy handle! It has been documented in study after study, commissioned by anti-gun groups in CA, NY, NJ, MA, MD, OH and HI, that a grip like the one shown reduces the incidence of the AR being used in crimes by an astounding 98.6 percent. It's just amazing, isn't it, how a simple change in the configuration of the grip can have such a profound effect upon the behavior of a criminal. Who'd 'ave thunk it?

Check out this stupid shit. Look for the words "pistol-style grasp."

http://www.riflegear.com/c-39-california-grips.aspx

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
I have done the same with lasers line then dot up with the sights very close out to about 30 yards.

Fjold so thats what a funny stock CA AR looks like Mad is the mag fixed in place also.

Nope. That gun has a detachable 30 round magazine, the Monster Man grip and it also has a muzzle brake instead of a flashhider.

California politicians are no smarter than any others. They write stupid laws and we figure out ways to get around them.

The idiot politicians here banned assault weapons which they defined as any detachable magazine centerfire semi-automatic rifle with a flashhider, forward grip or collapsing stock. So I just built mine around their stupid law.

I also built this one: it has all the evil features that I want and doesn't have a detachable mag. (The idiots defined a detachable magazine as any magazine that doesn't require a tool for removal.) They also limited fixed magazine rifles to 10 rounds.

This one has a pushbutton (10 round) magazine that releases the magazine with a bullet tip or any other pointy "tool".

We make sure that we exploit the stupidity of our state politicians and have a really strong state organizations here like Calguns.net, The Calguns foundation and the newly re-vamped CA Rifle & Pistol Association.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12700 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
We make sure that we exploit the stupidity of our state politicians and have a really strong state organizations here like Calguns.net, The Calguns foundation and the newly re-vamped CA Rifle & Pistol Association.

I hope you guys keep takin' the fight to them bastards until they pull their heads out of their asses and see the truth. Citizens are not criminals. Criminals are criminals. Criminals are to be dealt with sternly. Citizens are to be left alone to live their lives...

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of K20350
posted Hide Post
This sounds strangly like the woman shot in a hotel room on CSI Miami. Apparently she was shot at close range w/ a 40 MM Handgun. I myself figured the Crime Scene would look a little different than it did.

Posts: 445 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote