THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I needed a Remington action for a test mule...
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
For evaluating 30-06, 270, and 7x64 loads.

Got a tip from AR to check Wally World.

$377.00 for the whole BDL rifle. Synthetic Tupperware stock of course.

Will eventually send it to Greg Tannel (unless someone has another recommendation) to be blueprinted and the bolt shimmed.

Then I can sell the barrel and stock to maybe get my action cost down to $300.00.

I love this country.

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I love this country.

Me too!!!!!!!!

Posts: 42345 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Me three, spent a lot of time in Afghanistan, Iraq, Djibouti and Kosovo proving it too.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
watch out it just might shoot so well in the original caliber you might have to keep it as is.

Posts: 19597 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
just buy a milspec 5R and be done

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Where are those available and how much do they cost? Are you saying that Remington actually blueprints its own actions for that rifle?
How well do these rifles normally group?

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lawndart:
quote:

Where are those available and how much do they cost? Are you saying that Remington actually blueprints its own actions for that rifle?
How well do these rifles normally group?

I have seen several of these at the range all in .308win and I haven't been terribly impressed. I think they are no where near as accurate as a true custom. That being said the ones my friends have are recent guns, maybe the older ones where better.

Posts: 42345 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
Comparing a rifle at the range is not a good way to judge the weapon unless you know the shooters skill level,

I've seen and worked on two examples and although I can't say they blue print them I can say they are very well made and fit.

They also have a top notch barrel.

the examples I've worked on shoot better then .750 MOA with off the shelf match grade ammo.
I'd class it up there with an old school 40X

they retail around $1100 but come with a HS precision stock. Very good platform to start with. add a good base and some good glass and it's a better then decent rifle.

Is it as good as a full on custom?? no but it's also 1/4 the cost.

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for that information. I will look into that for the next time I need retail therapy.

John