Find
Notify
Tools

CZ527 Questions
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
G'day Everyone.

Just a few questions on this action.....

1. Will this action fit the 250-3000 cartridge?

2. Does this action in 7.62x39 have close enough boltface to fit the 250-3000?

3. Does anybody make a triggerguard/floorplate/magazine for this action?

Silly questions, I know tu2

Cheers,
Mark.

Posts: 557 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 13 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post

Posts: 6440 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Calhoon does a mag/floorplate thing, IIRC.

http://www.jamescalhoon.com/

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
1. I think the magbox will be too short.
2. Bolt face will have to be opened up to .473" and I don't know if there is enough meat.
3 Answered, but I don't think you will fit that case in the magazine.

You would be better off doing something on a Grendel case with the 7.62x39 base rifle. Mag length is going to restrict use of the heavier bullets in each caliber. Find out what the max length for the mag box is and go from there.

Posts: 714 | Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin | Registered: 09 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is really too short for the .250-3000. I think you may be able to cram it in but you would be severly limited on what bullets you could use. A 6.5 Grendel would be a better choice

Posts: 765 | Location: Tallahassee, FL | Registered: 11 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
fishingMaybe a .250 PPC. beerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pacecars:
It is really too short for the .250-3000. I think you may be able to cram it in but you would be severly limited on what bullets you could use. A 6.5 Grendel would be a better choice

That was the route I went.

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4861 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks fellas tu2

Cheers,
Mark.

Posts: 557 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 13 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The CZ 527 bolt only measures .590. I wouldn't want to open it up any more. Kenny

one of us
posted Hide Post
Why go to so much trouble and still have an action with (1) a protruding magazine, (2) a huge, festering bolt root which requires the scope to be mounted way too high in order to clear it, and (3) a backward safety which is bound to get you (or someone else) into potentially serious trouble sooner or later?

Posts: 13242 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stonecreek:
Why go to so much trouble and still have an action with (1) a protruding magazine*, (2) a huge, festering bolt root which requires the scope to be mounted way too high in order to clear it ** , and (3) a backward safety which is bound to get you (or someone else) into potentially serious trouble sooner or later***?

* It's cool.

**Calhoon. Swap your
bolt handle, it's a drop-in.

*** Only shoot behind yourself, stalking backwards. You need one of those Sherlock Holmes hats in suburban camo.

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote