Find
Notify
Tools

1908 Receivers from Numrich?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Tex21
posted
I am thinking of having my gunsmith friend order a couple receivers from Numrich to match up to some bottom metal and parts I have.

I know I need an M48 receiver and I saw in the catalog where GPC has 1908 M98 receivers for $10 in "good condition."

I plan to ship all my receivers off for gas carburization somewhere so I'm not as concerned about heat treat on something I might order, but what I would like to know is why are these 1908 receivers $10 and why or why not I would want one. Is there anything about 1908's, particularly these, that would make them undesirable?

Jason

"Chance favors the prepared mind."

Posts: 1449 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: 24 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I dont know anyting about that 1908 , but a got a new 1943 husky m96 reciever from them for I think $40. It was new in a brown rapper , no problems.

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I ordered 6 of the 1908 receivers a while back. Of the six, three were in great shape with allor most of the pitting below the woodline, and couple had a pretty sharp crest to boot. The others had severe pitting, nothing that would make them unsafe, just more unsightly. I could have returned them, but for $10 each ????

As for the quality of the 1908, they were top notch. They were made by DWM, they were the cadillac of the Mausers. These are the same receiver as the revered 1909 argentine, without the hinged floorplate (hinged floorplate highly overrated in my humble opinion - especially for what they sell for now, $10 for the reciever and $100+ for the floorplate?).

Friends don't let friends use see through scope mounts!

Posts: 130 | Location: Alpharetta, GA, USA | Registered: 04 May 2002Reply With Quote