Find
Notify
Tools

sako 75 ejection issue
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
hey guys,

im scratching my head abit, one of my sako 75s was feeding/ejecting OK then all of a sudden it stopped ejecting the fired case.

the case stays put in the bolt held in place by the extractor claw, the pin that slides up in the groove on the underside just doesn't pop the case out.

has any one had this before?

Posts: 358 | Location: Wiltshire, UK | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
I don't have one on hand at the moment, however, to troubleshoot the problem, the initial inspection would be to pull the bolt back and see if the ejector is visibly protruding beyond the bolt face, where is it protruding in relationship to where a cartridge case would sit, and by how much?

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i may have sorted it,

the extractor was protruding the normal distance, i couldnt see anything wrong so i stripped it right down, had the trigger off and the extractor off,

there to my surprise was a single grain of powder stuck on its end stopping the extractor doing the job, after putting it all back together it seems to work very well now.

Posts: 358 | Location: Wiltshire, UK | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote