New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sako stock
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a Sako L691Mag action I am building rifle around. Only problem has been finding a stock for the action.Mcmillian makes one but the delivery time is long and it's pricey.Anyone know where I can locate a reasonably priced stock for this action?

Thanks,
Bill

one of us
posted Hide Post
these are not drop-in, but they are well built stocks, and the blems are priced right

http://www.bordenrifles.com/prl_blems_111708.pdf

one of us
Picture of Dr. Lou
posted Hide Post
You may also want to try Ebay and type in Sako. There's a guy there that has many Sako stocks. Lou

NRA Life Benefactor Member

Posts: 3316 | Location: USA | Registered: 15 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Has anyone used Richards stocks?

Bill

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I ordered a Richard's laminated stock for a Sako L61 about a month ago. They told me when I ordered that it will probably take 8 - 12 weeks for delivery. So I'm just waiting.

Posts: 203 | Registered: 09 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
This might be of interest. It's for sale here on AR in Classifieds.

Sako Stock

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13667 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Has anyone used Richards stocks?

I have three that I'm currently fitting to my rifles, all California English Walnut, Semi-Fancy grade. Nice color not a lot of figure but good value for the money. Their estimate of 8-12 weeks is "generous" on their part, I've waited much longer for some. Perhaps they are delivering faster now. I have another one on order and plan on ordering another after that. Their inletting leaves something to be desired but I have always managed to come up with a satisfactory outcome (to me). I'm sure someone will be glad to point out that there are better semi-inlets available (for a higher price) and Jeffeoso on this forum does good semi-inlets from what I here. PM him and ask.

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote