New
Find
Notify
Tools

Maggie (LOVEBUG)
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Did I see correctly on your website that you are now offering STAINLESS Model 70 Classic bottom metal.

If so, I sure would like to see a photo or two of it.

one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
deleted

Posts: 2939 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
Obviously a shameless plug but there are lots of people here for business reasons. I think it's a good thing overall. Nice place to find reputable services and products.

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
deleted

Posts: 2939 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My intent was to secure photos of the stainless bottom metal. I am interested in the bottom metal for my own use but I posted here under an assumption that others would be interested in seeing photos of that bottom metal as well. Custom bottom metal is used in "gunsmithing", specifically building custom guns.

My posting is no more blatant "a plug" than hundreds, if not thousands, of other postings here. As I have been told by the moderators many many times, "if you don't like a post don't read it".

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes.
We do have Stainless Steel M-70 Classic bottom metal.
I will add pictures this weekend.

Maggie Baum
CNC Specialty Products
P.O. Box 369 / 50 East 100 North
Levan, UT 84639
Phone: 801-691-8152
Email: maggie@cncspecialtyproducts.com
http://cncspecialtyproducts.com/

Posts: 102 | Location: www.cncspecialtyproducts.com | Registered: 29 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
without gunsmithing there would be no products
without products there would be no gunsmithing
a fine line

one of us
posted Hide Post
Explain the difference between a company offering it's products within a discussion forum and the gunsmithing offering his services on this forum. There is not any diference!!

Some may not like a certain company, but some don't like certain gunsmiths as well.

I am of the opinion that there is room for all that can offer parts or help to people with gun needs.

My 3rd sense for what it is worth!

Posts: 965 | Location: Texas | Registered: 19 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd have to agree with Les. Do some not like the post, or the poster? Is it any different than asking gunsmith "A" for pictures of their work? It is still an advertisement for the gunsmith. A product is a product, whether it is bottom metal, stock work, engraving or jeweling.

I certainly would NOT like to see a forum that is "how to" only without pictures of work or mention of what bottom metal they used or scope mounts they used because it might be considered an ad for that person or manufacturer. Let's just see it all, because we are all smart enough to make the decisions for ourselves.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
deleted

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Perhaps, if one looks at the impetus behind the original post, one would understand.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Cusom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5506 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 22WRF:
Did I see correctly on your website that you are now offering STAINLESS Model 70 Classic bottom metal.

If so, I sure would like to see a photo or two of it.

Somehow (don't ask me how...I just know some things) I know it will look a great deal like an unblued CM bottom for a Model 70! Amazing insight, eh?

It was the style, not the content. You would have seemed a lot more straight-up if you had just acquired the photos and posted them. FWIW, I am glad to learn about new products and I'd like to see a forum dedicated to them and user reviews of same. That way one would have a single location to peruse instead of stumbling into them by accident.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Kobe:
Perhaps, if one looks at the impetus behind the original post, one would understand.

The impetus behind the original post has already been explained above. However, for those who do not read carefully, I will repeat it.

My intent was to secure photos of the stainless bottom metal. I am interested in the bottom metal for my own use but I posted here under an assumption that others would be interested in seeing that bottom metal as well. Custom bottom metal is used in gunsmithing, specifically building custom guns.

I agree that it will probably resemble the c/m bottom metal.

Mr. Kobe, I do not want to argue with you. However, there have been many occasions when there has been an inquiry about 2 position model 70 type safeties where you have used your post in an attempt to sell them one of yours. I don't think that ever bothered me once.

As stated, my motive here was to get photos so that I can see what it looks like. If it looks good I am going to order one. And if it looks good, perhaps others will order as well becaue it is an item that they desire to have.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I personally don't see a problem with having products shown or mentioned on this forum. Some folks even put their business names at the bottom of each of their posts, so what?

I'm new on this forum and it was very obvious to me from the get-go that some folks here have a hard-on for some other folks here. I don't know the background and don't much care, I came here to both teach and learn, not to squabble over trifles.

Perhaps the biggest & most important part of teaching and learning is showing and telling; if you don't like show-&-tell then why are you here?
Regards, Joe

Posts: 2756 | Location: deep South | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Earl
posted Hide Post
I kinda like the shameless plugs, it's the korney segways that anoy me!

Posts: 364 | Location: Sticks, Indiana | Registered: 03 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It would seem to me that a "plug", whether shameless or not, would be a post where somebody expects to gain something from their post.

1. I don't own any stock in Blackburn.
2. I don't get any discounts in price from Blackburn.
3. I don't get anything free from Blackburn.
4. I am not an employee of Blackburn.

The only thing I expect to gain from my post is a photo of the product!!

One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J.D.Steele:
I personally don't see a problem with having products shown or mentioned on this forum. Some folks even put their business names at the bottom of each of their posts, so what?

I'm new on this forum and it was very obvious to me from the get-go that some folks here have a hard-on for some other folks here. I don't know the background and don't much care, I came here to both teach and learn, not to squabble over trifles.

Perhaps the biggest & most important part of teaching and learning is showing and telling; if you don't like show-&-tell then why are you here?
Regards, Joe

thumb thumb thumb beer

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Earl
posted Hide Post
I was just generalizing, nothing personal at all, promise! A little good natured ribbing at worst.

Posts: 364 | Location: Sticks, Indiana | Registered: 03 July 2007Reply With Quote