New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pictures of several projects
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I haven't seen pictures posted. I have uploaded several pic's on projects. The stock machine and others for all to see are at www.hunt101.com Search under Les Brooks and then click a thumbnail to get a picture. Then click to see all of Les Brooks pic's on a write up below the picture. See different items and click to enlarge to view. I have pictures to almost 50 years of work in my files. This site is one of the best that I have found to show your work. Some of the younger gunsmiths might find some things of interest. I am trying to get the info out there before it is too late for me because of health reasons. View and comment if you would like.

Posts: 965 | Location: Texas | Registered: 19 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am intrigued by the checkering tools connected to the air lines, this is to blow the sawdust out of the way while cutting? Can you give some more details on this?

Send you a PM also, couldn't find an e-mail listed.

Thank you,

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lester
Great pics! Now I remember you. My last year of TSJC '92, you had a table set up in front of the tool room selling some extra parts. I bought a 4X Redfield and floormetal from an 09 Argentine all for around $50. Any more deals like this??? I remember checking out the VHS tape sized complete reloading kit you built for the 17 miniX you were displaying. The reloading kit has stuck in my mind as one of the most unique gun related accessories I've ever seen. If you can find a way to post high quality pics here with a quarter next to it this would show everybody how tiny and complete this setup really is. Maybe this is something you could sell prints for as well as your duplicator. You should submit photos of this to Home Shop Machinist. I think it would be worthy of a cover photo with an article inside! The exposure would help print sales for your duplicator.

gunmaker
http://users.elknet.net/chico

one of us
posted Hide Post
I should have added the email; minigun17@yahoo.com I still have a few items left in the junk pile. I am not working any longer, so I am thinking of going back to TSJC this summer. Glad to hear from someone that is doing well in the gunsmith field. We are full RV'er's now and the PC gives me things to do while on the road. Hope to spend time in the cooler climate. I'll try to shoots some better pictures of the reloader. It is on the CD, but my drawings of the parts can only be read by me. Ha Ha If there is enough interest in the reloader I'll try to make drawings so someone else can read them. On the checkering tools, I am the only one that uses this kind of set up as far as I know. If you checker for 40 or 50 yrs your sinus will start causing problems. This is easy to get used to with the lines hanging down. You can alway see your line well without having to brush away the dust.

Posts: 965 | Location: Texas | Registered: 19 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
bolt knobs engraved for J.Belk's work

Les Brooks engraved bolt knobs.

This kind of work is WAY beyond me, but fun to look at.

Posts: 2249 | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote