Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Timney
 Login/Join

posted
Just replaced factory trigger in Sav 111-- trigger works, safety does not. Any ideas?

It's the hunt, not the kill

Posts: 17 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 26 February 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What is it not doing.

Not coming off not going on.

Posts: 19582 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of speerchucker30x378
posted Hide Post
coffee
The middle adjustment screw adjusts the safety engagement.

When I was a kid. I had the stick. I had the rock. And I had the mud puddle. I am as adept with them today, as I was back then. Lets see today's kids say that about their IPods, IPads and XBoxes in 45 years!
Rod Henrickson

Posts: 2542 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada | Registered: 05 June 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Ok-here's what I got-- took old trigger out dropped timney in-- no problem. Started the fine tuning as per instructions, one screw at a time.sear engagement fine-- over travel fine-- got to safety engagement and was screwing down until it stopped, as per instructions-- I thought I was screwing down too far, but as long as the screw would turn , I kept going.heard and felt a "pop". Backed screw out and checked operation of safety and got all three positions to work-- but none of positions would not allow gun to fire and full safety, all the way back would allow bolt to be lifted and cock. So I have full travel of safety, and three indentions for off, partial safe and full safe, but gun will fire from each position. The little flange at the rear of the safety that lips under the hole in the receiver that the safety button goes thru and under will no longer stay engaged and the safety mechanism will pop out upon cocking, which prevents sear engagement and safety operation. I'm way past my level of expertise.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I kept going.heard and felt a "pop".

I hate that when it happens I wonder what you broke.

I have replace a dozen savage triggers never heard a pop.

But that was 10 years ago I did the last one and I don't have one handy to look at.

You just might end up sending it back to Timmey.

Posts: 19582 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
P-dog-- thanks for the reply. Got it figured out. The popping and movement was the little flange that fits into the same slot the safety lever fits in at the rear of the receiver-- I bent it to the point it snapped out of recess. It of course holds everything connected to the safety and trigger in place.I tried to straighten out the flange, back to 90 degrees, but as I anticipated, the flange just broke off. The part that broke off is part of the trigger bracket and I have ordered a new one from Savage-- should have it in about a week or two. Now if I can just put it all together again I'm golden.