Find
Notify
Tools

Re: "Why do you need more than three guns?"
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Saeed,

Good God I can't imagine having another wife!!! One is enough for me!!

Regards,
Dave

Posts: 1238 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 31 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hobie
posted Hide Post
Steve,

I well remember the time my late mother-in-law was visiting when I received a new-to-me Contender barrel from Ed's. Of course I had to get it out of the box and she was a bit puzzled as to why there was nothing else to it, until... I opened the safe to put it away. I never saw her eyes get that big and round again!

Posts: 2324 | Location: Staunton, VA | Registered: 05 September 2002Reply With Quote
<9.3x62>
posted
You married too soon. The key is to enter marriage with, say N guns. Assuming N is a large number, she will have great difficulty noticing additional rifles. For, as we all know, N is approximately equal to N+1 for large N. Math is our friend.

one of us
posted Hide Post
My wife has more than 3 guns as well. She's about taken over 2 of mine.

Posts: 1450 | Location: Dakota Territory | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,

We have a very simple answer for it.

We can have as many as 4 wives - officially that is.

So the wife gets the choice, I get more wives, or more guns?

That is why I have one wife, and 500 guns

Posts: 68788 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Bragger!!!!!!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Got that from the mother-in-law the other day. I asked her how many pairs of shoes she had. She replied that shoes' color had to go with the clothes she was wearing and the style with the occasion.

Then it occurred to me; the perfect justification!

Just tell your wife there are formal, semi-formal, casual and downright red-neck kinds of hunts.

And of course the gun must complement your attire-- I would NEVER wear a synthetic stock with my red/black plaid hunting coat (Red Face) but it goes nicely with Advantage camo.....and if you wear a bomber hat WITH a plaid jacket you must sport a Remington 742....any other tasteful combos or fashion gaffes?

Posts: 612 | Location: Atlanta, GA USA | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
When it comes to guns, wives can only count to 2. One, two, too many!!!

Posts: 3097 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 28 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

"Why do you need more than three guns?"

What's need got to do with it?

Posts: 529 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill Soverns
posted Hide Post
My wife waits till I have one finished and then "acquires" it. But I cant complain - great hunting partner. She also buys me tools I need. Last year was a nice set of chisels, rabbit plane, and a sharpening system. Year before was a power checkering rig. Im not changing a thing.

Posts: 1268 | Location: Newell, SD, USA | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you have to justify your guns to your wife its time to change wife.

Regard H�kan

Posts: 70 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 26 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Now if we only had three guns to tinker with, we wouldn't have to spend so much time in the loading room or so much time at the range. That would let all of us spend more time with our lovely wifes. Fat Chance

Posts: 1018 | Location: Lafourche Parish, La. | Registered: 24 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Maybe I shouldn't say anything, but my WIFE has more than 3 guns. She dosn't complain about me getting more as long as the budget can stand the price (she gives me Encore barrels for gifts too).

Posts: 2124 | Location: Whittemore, MI, USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tonto
posted Hide Post
Why do we need more than 3 guns? Why do we still have sex after we no longer want more children?

Posts: 1057 | Location: adirondacks,NY ,USA | Registered: 30 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I like that maybe that is why I only have one wife and many guns. The guns are a lot easier to please then more wifes. And at times less expensive.

Posts: 19616 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Gentlemen,

We have a very simple answer for it.

We can have as many as 4 wives - officially that is.

So the wife gets the choice, I get more wives, or more guns?

Four wives! I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy! I have one wife and three daughters I don't even like being in the house when they all come back to visit.

That means four Mother-in-laws also! OUCH

Posts: 12710 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i have to agree with the others, need is not a controlling factor when it comes to guns or flyrods.

Posts: 128 | Location: southeastern pa | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
<Guest>
posted
Fjold and others

Come on now. You guys love your wives and your daughters dearly and you know it!!!!!

I agree with Allen. In this day and age nobody really "needs" a gun in the sense that without one you won't survive. You have guns because you "like" to shoot, like to hunt, and like to collect. It is a matter of wanting more guns. But if you "need" to justify it to Mama, they can be likened to clothes. Just as she needs different outfits for different occasions, you need differnt guns for different animals, different targets, different trips, etc.. A person should have at least as many guns in the safe as the little wife has shoes in the closet.

Blue

one of us
posted Hide Post
What is the punishment for bigamy? 2 wives!!!!-

Posts: 3097 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 28 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill Mc
posted Hide Post
steve y's mother-in-law doesn't know how many gun his father-in-law has.

signed: his father-in-law
(I do need a bigger gun safe)

Posts: 1450 | Location: North Georgia | Registered: 16 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The cheapest gun at a gunshow is typically $20 ~ $50.

It is worth that much to me to:
1) take it apart
2) see how it works
3) clean it
4) fix it
5) lubricate it
6) test fire a proof load

At my age, that's the best date I can get on Saturday night

Posts: 2249 | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
When I bought my first 12 gauge I had all the guns I needed. Beyond that it falls into the catagory of wants!

Posts: 281 | Location: MN | Registered: 27 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Can you have tooo many...i don't think so!

Posts: 134 | Location: Eastern,USA | Registered: 03 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Let me preface this by asying my EX wifes mother used to ask questions like that . . . and that is NOT even ay of the reason why she is an ex.

That is 3 guns per caliber, per style right?

Posts: 4261 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, we need to define what she meens by "need" Does She meen "Need to stay alive" or "need to kill game animals"?

Need! Hummmmmm Well, I guess the answer is this

We Don't need more than 3. We probably don't need more than one. And we don't need more than 1 car. We don't need a washing machine for our clothes. We don't need a house that has more than 1 room. We don't need to eat more than 4 types of food in out whole lives...............
See the point? If someone wants to attack your needs I think these are perfactly logical questions to ask. If they can't answer by the same rules that they are tring to impose on you, tell them to come back when they can, and until then SHUT UP

one of us
posted Hide Post
This is very true, once you get above 15 rifles, keep them scattered around, they all look the same to my wife. You have to watch your sons, etc., when they inadvertently say things like, lets go shoot the new .375 today. they do require proper training.

Posts: 2788 | Location: gallatin, mo usa | Registered: 10 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Oh this is really easy.I have three 223,s and they are all different ,a rock river ar-15 flat top,a ruger #3 tricked up w/NECG peep sight,and a remington 700 LTR,all very different but useful in their own unique way.w/regards

Posts: 610 | Location: MT | Registered: 01 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed Would you consider adopting me?

Posts: 281 | Location: N.E. Montana | Registered: 08 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of lofter
posted Hide Post
Exactly TC....I thought it was per caliber also in fact i'm in the process of adding to my 284 family with a custom model 70 in 284 winny. 7mm-08 284 win 7mm mag 7mm ultra. Opps i've sinned that's 4........lmao.

Posts: 411 | Location: Southeastern Pa | Registered: 30 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Fewer firearms means I would have to talk to my wife. Better more guns!

Posts: 614 | Location: Miami, Florida USA | Registered: 02 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I guess I am one of the lucky ones as I grew up in a family of gun collectors and hunters. The wife I have at present has accepted the fact that I am a Gun Whore. While doing at least two gun shows per month it is quite funny when she will see a new gun that she likes all of a sudden, it is her new gun She has a couple of nice pistols and a couple of rifles and a minty model 42

Posts: 1605 | Location: Wa. State | Registered: 19 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I am a Gun Whore.

You are not a "gun whore", you are a "gun junkie", you are a "whore" when you go to work to pay for your habit.

This is a subject I know something about

Posts: 2249 | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CDH
posted Hide Post
Don't most of us work to pay for our habits? Why the heck else would I be sitting in front of this damn computer today? It sure isn't so my wife can buy more shoes!

Posts: 1780 | Location: South Texas, U. S. A. | Registered: 22 January 2004Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
Quote:

Gentlemen,

Saeed,
Theoreticly this means that Walther has more wifes than guns since he has a that junky Blaser

I don't have a wife soo the problems are not excisting
Cheers
/ JOHAN

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm of the same school of thought with 9.3x62 and Jstevens. Bought a lot of guns, a couple of opaque cabinets, and a couple of gun cases all before getting married. I sensed what was coming. It was almost instinctive. But now the same gun cases keep going in and out of the house. Ditto on training the boys to avoid references to shooting "the new guns." Steve

Posts: 1729 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Some of my shooting friends are married. I'm not. Simple solution to a non existent problem.

Wives hate me, husbands love me and the neighborhood cats fear me.

d
ps I forgot to add that my house looks like a gun shop

d

Posts: 18 | Location: Eastern Oregon | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Because I have four gun safes...

Posts: 1765 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
luv2safari,
Welcome, good to see you here.

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Actually, I've heard that 4 wives is the perfect number. With one, what you see is what you get (I lucked out and like what I see). With two, envy and jealousy are the orders of the day. With three, it's always two against one. But four? Ahhhh. I don't know the knock, unless one simply cannot afford all of them.

As to need, we didn't need to spend several thousand dollars remodeling our bathroom (trust me, the old one worked just fine). It is rather hard to complain, though. She says nothing whenever I get the itch to spend $2000-3000 building another rifle.

Posts: 529 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Of course you mean three guns with you at any one time, right? Ha! I'm lucky in that my wife is understanding and shoots sporting clays with me. More excuses to buy guns, for her of course!

Bob257

Posts: 434 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 22 November 2002Reply With Quote