Find
Notify
Tools

Vanguard trigger
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Sniper
posted
I have a Weath. Vanguard and the factory trigger is less than adequate. I ordered a Timney to swap out on it. I have read that it is relatively simple to change. Any tips from someone who has done this before?

"In the worship of security we fling ourselves beneath the wheels of routine, and before we know it our lives are gone"--Sterling Hayden--

David Tenney
US Operations Manager
Trophy Game Safaris
Southern Africa
Tino and Amanda Erasmus
www.tgsafari.co.za

Posts: 872 | Location: Tennessee, USA | Registered: 11 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's easy, I didn't even adjust it after I installed it, you will be happy!

Posts: 1547 | Location: Lafayette, Louisiana | Registered: 18 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
Saying that the Vanguard trigger is "less than adequate" is a VAST understatement. Mine was so bad, I didn't even take it to the range until I installed a Timney. Installation is VERY simple, you shouldn't have any kind of heartburn over it. The only complaint about the Timney on my rifle is that the "yanker" seems a bit short. I would like it to extend down about a 1/8" to 1/4" lower in the guard. Let me know if any of you have experienced this on Timney/Vanguard combo.

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sniper
posted Hide Post
You guys were right. Simple, simple installation. Now a nice clean crisp trigger. I forgot to look at the yanker distance before I put it back into the safe. I'll look at it next time.

"In the worship of security we fling ourselves beneath the wheels of routine, and before we know it our lives are gone"--Sterling Hayden--

David Tenney
US Operations Manager
Trophy Game Safaris
Southern Africa
Tino and Amanda Erasmus
www.tgsafari.co.za

Posts: 872 | Location: Tennessee, USA | Registered: 11 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ricochet
posted Hide Post
Huh. I've never had any issues with my Vanguard trigger. It's a hunting rifle with a bit more trigger pull than a benchrest rifle. Works fine, though.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posts: 1325 | Location: Bristol, Tennessee, USA | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sniper
posted Hide Post
I put the Timney in mine because the factory trigger had way too much creep in it for me. I tried several times to adjust it but never could get it to my liking. Took me about five minutes to get the Timney where I like it.

I looked at the yanker distance and it looks pretty good to me.

David Tenney
US Operations Manager
Trophy Game Safaris
Southern Africa
Tino and Amanda Erasmus
www.tgsafari.co.za