New
Find
Notify
Tools

More CZ photos
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
In another post about my CZ 550 in 7x57mm, I posted a photo, somewhat fuzzy, but a photo none-the-less. Well, I'm at it again and hope it turns out much better. These photos are ones which people asked about in that post and others. One shows a bit more detail on the bolt of the CZ 550. The black matt on the bolt handle was polished off to reveal a bright nickle finish under it, then the bolt body was jewelled with the small herringbone pattern. Another photo shows two three shot groups with the Hornady SST 162 grain bullets. All were shot off the tailgate of my Chevrolet S-10 pickup trucks in sandbag rests. Both groups were with the bullets seated .01 inch off the lands. The .540 inch group was using 48.3 grains of H414 powder and the .216 inch group used 48.9 grains of powder. These two are representative groups of the capabilities of the CZ 550 American in 7x57mm with the proper handload. Some of the groups were larger, some smaller. The last photo is of the butt section of my CZ 527 Lux with a CZ aftermarket "Fancy Grade American Walnut Stock" They really do have some nice aftermarket stocks. Had to do some work on it as the Lux model has a rear sight barrel band and I had to hog out a little wood at the front and rear of where the bottom metal fits to reduce the space between the fit of the bottom metal and the barreled action. This allowed for complete ease of feeding. I am still very much in the experimental stage of this photo posting so please bear with me. I also hope all is in focus as well. Have a nice day and Merry Christmas to all!

Posts: 499 | Location: Eudora, Ks. | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very Nice!

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I love my cz's and there very nice........................want to organise the paperwork to get them sent to Australia so they can be in my safe beer

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted Hide Post
It looks like they turned out very nice. Are you going to redo the upgraded 527 stock? How is the finish on the aftermarket versions CZ offers?

William Berger

True courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. - John Wayne

The courageous may not live forever, but the timid do not live at all.

Posts: 3155 | Location: Rigby, ID | Registered: 20 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
7x57, Whats the deal on the CZ aftermarket fancy walnut stock? I dont see anything on CZs web site about fancy walnut replacement stocks. Where did you get it?

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
M1Tanker - A refinish job is in order on the upgrade stock, but as far as the finish I don't know what kind of finish is used on the aftermarket stock. It looks to be a polyurathane of some sort in satin sheen.

GSP7 - CZ-USA offers them. You won't find them on the company's web site, or in the company's products catalog. I saw them in a dealer's white-sheet which accompanied the products catalog. If memory serves me right the stocks are just for the 527s, but the 550s may have been added by now. I would recommend contacting the CZ-USA company by telephone on the 1-800 telephone number so it is the company's dime, not your's, ask for customer service and talk to the lady to see if she can send you one of fhe whitesheets on the aftermarket stocks. There are Black Walnut, English Walnut, Turkish Walnut, Maple, and I believe laminates and composits. The MSRP for my stock was $314, but I got mine through a dealer, which was about$275 including shipping charges. I lost the white sheet I had and to be honest I do not know if CZ-USA still offers the aftermarket stocks. I hope the company does offer them because the stock is one hell of a product. Hope this helps. Tom Purdom

Posts: 499 | Location: Eudora, Ks. | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great rifle, and nice shooting! H-414 is great isn't it? Works really well in the .270 with 130gr bullets

Posts: 1547 | Location: Lafayette, Louisiana | Registered: 18 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
7x57mm - Very nice rifle and groups! As a general rule I've found H-414 to work really well with light bullets in a larger case. I use it with similar results in my .30-'06 with the 130 grn Rem PSP's.
Jeff P

Posts: 331 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote