Find
Notify
Tools

long action ACIS for Howa and Tikka?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of MOA TACTICAL
posted
Does anyone think we will ever get long action bottom metal for Accuracy International magazines for the Howa and Tikka?

Posts: 955 | Location: Until I am back North of 60. | Registered: 07 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
I'm not thinking these two brands are in any danger of becoming hot items among the "tactical" crowd, so I'm guessing not.

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MOA TACTICAL
posted Hide Post
They are actually one of the hottest sellers, and in Europe Pete Lincoln sells about 5 Howas for every Remington he builds.

Here in Australia the Howa and Tikka are the 2 most popular rifles.

Posts: 955 | Location: Until I am back North of 60. | Registered: 07 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think you'll see it for the Tikka shortly.

I hope to have one in my hands in the not too distant future.

Previously 500N with many thousands of posts !

Posts: 1815 | Location: Australia | Registered: 16 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MOA TACTICAL:
They are actually one of the hottest sellers, and in Europe Pete Lincoln sells about 5 Howas for every Remington he builds.

Here in Australia the Howa and Tikka are the 2 most popular rifles.

I don't know if the tactical gun markets in Australia and Europe drive the demand for product development here in the States, but if it does, you should see something most ricky tick!

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes and No.

I think Aus does drive some things but it's hard to say.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The population of Oz is only 22 million.
A local company started making Lee-Enfield replicas and could not sell enough to stay afloat. And the guys in Oz love Lee-Enfields.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Which company are you talking about ?
(that made the replicas ?)

Are you talking the AIA in .308 ?
If so, it wasn't much chop.

In any case, why would you make replicas when we have millions of original 303's L-E's which until recently were quite cheap.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I made a mistake, their isn't a long action DBM planned for the Tikka, only a short
action that doesn't require special inletting like the CDi (which will be a blessing).

One of Us
Picture of MOA TACTICAL
posted Hide Post
There are a lot of people building custom Tikkas and Howas, as just like Savage it is a cheaper rifle to get into.

I don't personally believe we have a perfect factory action for tactical stuff, where the rifle cost less than $2500.

The Sako TRG and Accuracy International rifles have all the spots ticked, but they are well out of the reach of a lot of shooters.

To me those spots are:

1. One piece integral bolt handle, or one that is welded or threaded on. I love 700's but this concept of solder is bullshit.

2. Integral scope mounts.

3. Magazine system that uses AICS or something similar without a lot of work.

The only 2 custom actions you can buy like this are the Badger Ordnance clone of a AI action the 2000, and the Surgeon.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tikka, who cares, Howa I hope so

Posts: 2668 | Location: Lone Star State | Registered: 12 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here in the north there are no needs for tactical rifles if you want a target rifle buy a sako or sauer. If you want a beater hunting rifle use a cheap mauser or a blaser m93 or similar. Tikka has a new target rifle for running moose competition.
http://www.tikka.fi/t3models.php?sporter

Posts: 3611 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 02 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MOA TACTICAL
posted Hide Post
Nordic, it isn't about need it is about want.

We are not bound by oppresive laws regulating the number of rifles we can own.

I have a Sauer 202 and a Blaser K95, but I also like rifles that hold more ammunition.

one of us
Picture of fireball168
posted Hide Post
CDI's website says as of June they are making long action bottom metal for Tikka and Howa both.

Posts: 1332 | Location: IN | Registered: 30 April 2004Reply With Quote