THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BOESHIELD T-9 For cleaning and internal lub.
 Login/Join

posted
Has anyone tried Boeshield T-9 for external and internal protection and lubrication? It does have wax in it and can be applied and left to dry for heavey protection or wipped off. I have used it on a T/C 22 Classic rifle that liked to jam up. It now shots without any problem and very little powder residue found after 100-150 plus rounds.

Posts: 3 | Location: Boise | Registered: 06 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jpb
posted Hide Post
On a rifle, I have only used it as a rust protectant and it is just about the best there is! (a few years ago, a yachting magazine had a saltwater test and it scored at the very top).

However, I have found that this is absolutely the very best lube for a bicycle chain! (a friend loves it on his motorcycle chain too). It lubes that extremely well, and surprisingly, it does not seem to pick up dirt.

I might try it on bolt lugs... but I think it would be way too stiff for anything like a trigger mechanism.

jpb

Posts: 1006 | Location: northern Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I use it. Good stuff but pricey. I've used it to wax saw and jointer beds when I was too lazy to buff the cheap stuff. I use BreakfreeCLP more than anything for general use.

Posts: 612 | Location: Atlanta, GA USA | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote