Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for Ruger Take-off barrel
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted
I'm looking for a Ruger MKII take off barrel. I would prefer 300 Mag in Stainless. But, would consider a 22" in Moly.

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
You might give this guy a call, I saw him at a recent gun show, lots of takeoff's.

Gerald Mellor (435) 528 3675

He had a plethora of new Remington take off's and a few others ranging from about $20.00 to $50.00.

Posts: 10173 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would guess that any take off was taken off for a good reason. I asked my smith the same question, he said "Why buy someone elses problem?"

Cost to install is the same, why not buy new? I will suggest Lothar Walther as my preference.

Mike

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
This is something more to play not really worried about accuracy. The cost to install is the same. In my case $0.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a Winchester Model 70 Classic stainless steel 300 Win Mag barrel with the boss system.

It has the same shank and thread as the Ruger, 1 inch, 16 thread per inch. You would need to face off the coned breech and deepen the chamber slightly.

It is in good condition, if you can use it I would take $50.00 shipped to you.

Posts: 1546 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 11 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
craftsman. Thanks for the offer but the boss doesn't float my boat.

One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I would guess that any take off was taken off for a good reason.
Mike

You give people too much credit. I wish I had a dollar for every time I read about someone buying a new rifle just for an action to build on.

Posts: 10173 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote