New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bedding a High Tech Specialties Stock?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I've heard some good things about these stocks, and I am considering one for a project rifle I'm building.

However, I also know they are, at least partially, injection-molded, which brings up the question of how do you bed the action into one?

Just curious.

Posts: 1443 | Registered: 09 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In a word or two, it takes a helluva lot of Phuqueing around. I would never do another.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5521 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
I don't remember having that much of an issue with bedding. It did take several attempts with epoxy on the outside to fill gaps and remove the mold seam.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
They have a very good tutorial on their website, I found it very helpful. I've done a few, didn't find them too much work, and I'm not overly gifted! I never was happy with my rattle can paint jobs, but I could live with them. Nice stocks, for sure.
Don't think I'd pay someone to do one for me, it would be just as cheap to run a mcmillan.

Posts: 51 | Location: British Columbia | Registered: 14 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mine was no problem at all, a tang Ruger 35 Whelen below. More than pleased.

Posts: 1577 | Location: Either far north Idaho or Hill Country Texas depending upon the weather | Registered: 26 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Excellent stocks, be sure to clean all of the mold release off. I usually drill a few shallow holes to help anchor the bedding. I have used quite a few through the years.

Posts: 869 | Location: N Dakota | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With Quote