Find
Notify
Tools

Lone Wolf Rifle Stocks?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Slingster
posted
Anyone with experience with Lone Wolf synthetic stocks? In particular, their DGR "Stalker"? Thanks in advance for your information and advice!

Posts: 1079 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They were originally from the San Diego, CA area and the only thing I've heard about them was their quality control left a bit to be desired. However, no personal experience. With all the replacement stocks with sterling reputations it seems reckless to try an unknown quantity if there aren't other apparent benefits.

[ 10-04-2002, 20:08: Message edited by: DB Bill ]

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Had a Summit model built for me last year. Only manufacturer I could find who would build a lightweight, relatively stiff model for a LH A Bolt at a reasonable price. Fit and finish is excellent and I'd use them again should the need arise. I am very pleased with the style of the stock and it fits me well. Rifle seems to like it too, decreased group size by 15%. Rocky Mountain sheep hate it, though.

Posts: 38 | Location: Front Range | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Was not impressed with the stock or the people at Lone Wolf. The stock itself was cheesy & looked like it was taken from the reject pile. When I called Lone Wolf about the quality of their stock all I got from them was that to fill the holes in with epoxy. Total arrogance & just plain LOUSY people to deal with.
The only stock I'll ever buy in the future is McMillan

<RussT>
posted
I've built two rifles up on Lone Wolves. One lefty on a Winchester and a right handed Sako. Both were bedded and finished at Lone Wolf so I missed out on the pin holes and other blems that may have been present.

Both rifles shot under an inch with factory ammo, the Sako, a 270, .487 with Federal classic so I had no cause to complain. Both the owner and his wife were a pleasure to deal with and I would buy there again if I wanted a light plastic stock.