New
Find
Notify
Tools

ZKK 601
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Where can I get a new firing pin spring for a ZKK 601. The 308 length action. Wolf only has one for the 602. Will a CZ 550 spring work?

Also, what trigger do you guys recommend to replace the single set trigger on these guns.

Posts: 288 | Location: AL | Registered: 11 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
Setting the pull weight on a 602 (and two CZ's) to 3# "defeated" the set function nicely for me. My 'smith did 'em.

Posts: 4862 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Brno supplied a standard trigger lever with these rifles and you may be able to find one. If not, it isn't too difficult to make. The original standard trigger needed modification anyway since it sat too far forward in the guard. Regards, Bill

Posts: 3577 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
Their is no after market triggers for the Brno ZKK series but as Bill Leeper has said there is a standard trigger lever that replaces the set trigger. These came in a little cloth bag with a small flat steel spring to allow a swap over of triggers in rifles having the set trigger.
The standard triggers are not available any more and most ZKK owners who still have them won't part with them.
Both the single set trigger and standard trigger do sit too far forward in the trigger bow for a comfortable feel on the trigger finger, that's what I have found anyway.
I have some photos of the standard trigger and diagrams with instructions on adjusting the set trigger safely. Was intending making a standard trigger for my Brno and having the trigger shoe further to the rear in the bow but never got round to it before selling the rifle.

I have a friend who has the standard Brno trigger in a bag for his Brno and I took a tracing of this part and also of the hinge pin hole sizing. Not a complicated part to make, just take a little time to get it right.

Posts: 3880 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
American Hunting Rifles sells a single stage trigger for BRNO 600 and 602 rifles. Reported fits the BRNO 601 as well. Look on their webpage under accessories tab.

Posts: 152 | Location: West of the Mississippi, East of California | Registered: 23 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
AHR selling a copy of the original for the ZKK 600 and 602 for US$85.00. To use this in a ZKK 601 the stem would need to be shortened. BRNO originally used the two different sizes. Ron(Cananda)

PS I'm looking for an extractor for a ZKK 601 in 223. Anybody got one?