Find
Notify
Tools

Where to get a peep sight?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of ElCaballero
posted
I have seen some pictures here and there of rifles with a peep sight mounted on the back of the shroud. (on the peice that falls with the firing pin) What are these called and where can I procure one?

As a general rule, people are nuts!
spinksranch.com

Posts: 2095 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 02 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
Last Lyman one I saw went for $450. Do a search and you'll find a nice one made by Tom Delucci.

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4864 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Check with Garry Fellers in Texas: (817) 346-9633

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There is/was one posted on e-bay sold for $250. It is a Lyman 1a and I have been looking for a couple years for my Mannlicher Haenel. I will be calling the Texas number.
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Tom Delucchi makes them. ~$250.00 (509)946-7855

Tell him Roger Kehr sent you. He, he, he.

lawndart

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of EricJulsrud
posted Hide Post
Might check out this link too....
Rigby Style Peep

Here is a pict of the action with the sight mounted:
Rigby Sight on receiver

They have other types of sights - at least give you some options
Eric

"He who dies with the most toys wins!"

Posts: 29 | Location: Eastern Oregon, USA | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve Malinverni
posted Hide Post
Talley

bye
Stefano
Waidmannsheil

Posts: 1653 | Location: Milano Italy | Registered: 04 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Scrollcutter
posted Hide Post
Tom's sight or the Rigby would work well for you.

Roger Kehr
Kehr Engraving Company
(360)456-0831

Posts: 1634 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Look at Big Bores- the SABI 500 post.
They seem to make their own.

Bob

one of us
Picture of ElCaballero
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the information.

Wes

spinksranch.com

Posts: 2095 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 02 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Idared
posted Hide Post
Wes

Could you tell us a little about the rifle in your Avatar? It is a nice looking piece.

Many thanks

"We do not exaggerate when we state positively that the remodelled Springfield is the best and most suitable "all 'round" rifle".......Seymour Griffin, GRIFFIN & HOWE, Inc.

Posts: 845 | Location: Central Washington State | Registered: 12 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ElCaballero
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idared:
Wes

Could you tell us a little about the rifle in your Avatar? It is a nice looking piece.

Many thanks

I sure think it is nice, but it really isn't anything special. It is a Whitworth 375 H&H. It is currently getting restocked. When I get it back I will post pictures and tell the whole story of how I came to own it. Here is a full size of my avatar as well as the blank that is being turned for it. I am using the original stock as a pattern. I really like the way it feels and the fit is perfect for me.

spinksranch.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
I would like to rent your pattern stock, or have whoever is turning your stock turn one for me, and pay you a royalty.

I'll send a PM. It would at least defray a part of your costs in turning a new stock.

Thanks for your consideration.

lawndart

I'll send a PM.

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote