New
Find
Notify
Tools

Schultz & Larsen model 54
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a friend with a model 54 that he wants me to rebarrel in .308 Win. Does anyone know if this action has a metric or english barrel thread?

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Posts: 837 | Location: Randleman, NC | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of speerchucker30x378
posted Hide Post
coffee

Just going from memory they were 1.5mm or 16 TPI. I just can't remember. I did one of the new tactical rifles not so long ago and it was a really stupid pitch. M18x1 sticks in my head. But the old ones were fairly coarse thread. You will probably have to end up pulling it to tell for sure. Schultz & Larsen is just not something we see every day. Or every decade for that matter.

When I was a kid. I had the stick. I had the rock. And I had the mud puddle. I am as adept with them today, as I was back then. Lets see today's kids say that about their IPods, IPads and XBoxes in 45 years!
Rod Henrickson

Posts: 2542 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada | Registered: 05 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My records show a 26 X 1.8 metric thread.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You might try addressing this same question on NitroExpress. It is full of European participants, among them several Scandinavians with experience with S&L firearms.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. It's also barrelled in .204 Ruger, so it will be a considerable job to barrel to .308.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Posts: 837 | Location: Randleman, NC | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just for the information books it looks like 1.015-14. So, 14tpi English pitch.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by clowdis:
Just for the information books it looks like 1.015-14. So, 14tpi English pitch.

Hmmm....
1.015" = 2.58cm
Throw your 14 pitch gauge up against a 1.8m gauge and see what you get. Wink

Quite sure S&L's are metric, but looks like 14 is so scary close it dont matter.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've got a 1.75 which doesn't match but I don't have a 1.8 pitch gauge to check it with.