New
Find
Notify
Tools

What friends are all about
 Login/Join

one of us
posted

The only thing that could have been any better is for the true owner of this fine rifle to have spent the long weekend hunting with us roflmao

Life is to short to hunt with an ugly gun

Posts: 1605 | Location: Wa. State | Registered: 19 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Life is too short to hunt with an ugly gun? Whose tag line is that? Hmmmm????

Howard
Moses Lake, Washington USA
hwhomes@outlook.com

Posts: 2339 | Location: Moses Lake WA | Registered: 17 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
When I first saw the action, it cried "Sako" at me. It still does - except for the missing integral scope bases?? Any further information, barrel, stock, caliber etc??
- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It is a Magnum Research Mountain Eagle. Custom Sako action, longer in the frontm Kreiger barrel, HS Precision stock

Howard
hwhomes@outlook.com

Posts: 2339 | Location: Moses Lake WA | Registered: 17 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of alvinmack
posted Hide Post
Hey, isn't that Chic's varmint rifle that he is afraid to admit that he owns? Dont let him fool you he loves this rifle, he just treats that rifle like it's his mistress. It would be the equivalent of this if you asked him:

"Huh, what are you talking about??? I don't know her or ever saw her before"

roflmao

Posts: 448 | Location: Lino Lakes, MN | Registered: 08 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Loves that rifle? Is that why I have seen him KISS that rifle?

Howard
hwhomes@outlook.com

One of Us
Picture of Brad
posted Hide Post
That's Chic's newest artistic endeavor in the style of Jackson Pollock... African Walnut never looked so good!

one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
Dang it; is that the gun I got lectured about? "8000 feet, something about just taking care of the wood and metal..." yada yada yada?

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11141 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
"Go henceforth into the wilderness and reproduce thyself..."

Deny, deny, deny...............

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What caliber it be???
Neat piece of artillery!!!Smiler
Don

one of us
posted Hide Post

Howard
hwhomes@outlook.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanx!!
Don

one of us
posted Hide Post
jump
Chic, you are such a good sport, we really did miss you on this trip. Wish I could make the one this week but the dates are just wrong for me.

Posts: 1605 | Location: Wa. State | Registered: 19 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jimmy,
Maybe next year. Enterprise is so damn much more scenic that Crane.

I heard that Tyler was hammering them down there and has claimed my other rifle (whose gray stock compostion shall remain nameless, lol)

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tyler in the killing pose!

Howard
hwhomes@outlook.com

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Hey Howard, buy Tyler a lefty!

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12695 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Darn I have to reload AGAIN!

Howard
hwhomes@outlook.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
Hey Howard, buy Tyler a lefty!

Yes he is. I feel sorry for him but his mother thinks its just alright. He is a true lefty too, meaning he is left eye dominant.

I did buy him one of the Montana Rifleman actions in left hand but even in the short action it is big and heavy for a nine year old. He has a left hand single shot bolt action 22LR but of course that was much too slow for sage rat shooting.

Howard
hwhomes@outlook.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
So Howard, are you putting a limit on how much you will spend on a great kid? Seems like to me your acting like a cheap bastard roflmao
Even something like this in 22WMR until he gets that new Dakota jump

just trying to help

one of us
posted Hide Post
Now you know I could never take your favorite away from you.

Howard
hwhomes@outlook.com