New
Find
Notify
Tools

m77 scope mounting
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hi this is a dumb question, but I am putting a new scope on my m77 and can't remeber wether the taller ring goes on the front or the back (ie is the scope canted up or down?) A quick answer will get me on my way.
Thanks,
Paul

Posts: 132 | Location: Utah | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
Hmm, I don't have one in front of me, but as I recall, on the M77 they are the same height.

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
<JBelk>
posted
toprow---

The object is to have the scope parallel.. The taller ring goes on the shorter bridge.

I'm glad to see there's still *need* for a gunsmith even though he may not have any business.

[Confused] [Confused] [Confused]

one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
Taller ring on the rear. Shoulda seen me scratchin' my head when I mounted them the other way on my first Ruger...

Posts: 3301 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The only thing I hate about Ruger scope rings is their continued use of flat head screws, instead of allan heads.

Posts: 492 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 27 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jpb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AggieDog:
The only thing I hate about Ruger scope rings is their continued use of flat head screws, instead of allan heads.

Aggidog:

You can go one step better than Allen head screws -- Brownells sells replacement Torx screws for Ruger rings.

You can torque them so well that you can snap them off before anything strips. I friend told me that -- honest! [Smile]

jpb

[ 05-31-2003, 19:54: Message edited by: jpb ]

Posts: 1006 | Location: northern Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote