New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stock for Savage 110
 Login/Join

<mppharm>
posted
I recently purchased a left hand Savage 110 in a 338 mag caliber to take to Africa as I was unable to find a Win Model 70 left hand and was unaware that Remington made a left hand 338 until after I had purchased the Savage. The Savage is a very accurate rifle with most groups under 1" if I do my part, but it kicks like the devil. I saw on some other posts that the Savage synthetic stock makes the rifle kick worst than it normally would.
Dose anyone know of a good after market stock I could put on the rifle so I don't have to go have the fillings in my teeth replace every time I go to the range or come back from my hunting trip. Thanks

one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
With very little changes, the Rem 700 stock fits, so the world is your playground.....

Synthetic, wood, or laminate? Take a look at boydboys.com to start. HTH, Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
<gunner7mm>
posted
try sharp shooter supply, savages are there specialty.ive never used them but i feal one of thes days i will. here is there number,
419-695-3179.ive never found a web pag that worked for them yet jason

one of us
posted Hide Post
Designed by John Plaster, author of "The Ultimate Sniper"

http://www.uws.com/CHOATE/UltimateSniper.html

I know this stock have left-hand model made for Savage and Remington, ask them if they have any.

Posts: 638 | Location: O Canada! | Registered: 21 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have one of the Sharp Shooter stocks. I am not sure how to describe it. I am happy with it, but it was bigger than I expected. I bought it for a 11LH. The stock is the sporter model. It is almost identical to the new Weatherby's. It is Ultra-Stiff, you won't break it....ever. The finish on it is very hard and scratch resistant. My stock was drug thru the Wilderness on my horse all season, sticking up out of the scabbard. I actually broke several branches off with it, and not one dent or ding.

It is just a very wide stock, and not nearly as "svelt" as a factory, but for $229 painted to your liking, you can't beat it.

Posts: 346 | Location: Las Cruces, New Mexico | Registered: 05 January 2002Reply With Quote