Find
Notify
Tools

Where can I ge a Custon Grip Cap?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of SBT
posted
The grip cap on my Ruger RSM 416 Rigby is loose. To fix it, I have to pry out the center to get to the screw. This will ruin it and I'll have to get a new factory one. So, why not get something custom? I was thinking maybe an engraved elephant head, my initials or something.

Who can do the work and do they have a web site?

Other ideas would be great.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
can do the work and do they have

There are some nice examples on Biesen's web site - http://www.biesen.com/page6.html

Also Recknagel has some pre-engraved grip caps. They're in my copy of the catalog but try www.recknagel.de and perhaps the US importers www.newenglandcustomgun.com to see if they have pictures online

Posts: 1210 | Location: Zurich | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Stu C, Thanks for the reference. I didn't realize it would be that expensive, but I should have figured so with the amount of time it must take to produce.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I guess you saw this on the NECG site for $375?

A nice Fisher or Biesen grip cap runs around $25. Perhaps you can get an engraver to quote you to do your initials or a monogram. If it's not gold-inlayed it might not be too expensive. Just another sugestion.
- Stu

Posts: 1210 | Location: Zurich | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Does your family have a coat of arms? Do you have a monogram? I had Roger Kehr, posting here as Scrollcutter, do a gold inlay of my monogram on the triggerguard of my 375, looks great, blueing matched well. Only drawback was that his polishing is so good now I wish I had him redo the whole rifle. Big Grin

If you tell him what you want, size, and give him an example of it if possible he'll give you a quote and tell you when he can work you in. He was great to work with and I can't wait until I can someday afford some more work.

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Stu C,
I'd love to have that one, but I think the funds will be better spent in my safari fund.

Dago Red,
I'll see if I can find Scrollcutter and see what he can do.