THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remington Bolts, Are they Interchangeable?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
All,
Another question some of you may be tired of but I would like to know your thoughts. Just got a great deal on a Remington Sendero in .300 Win Mag. I want to use this to make a 6.5-284 Norma tailored for the 140gr bullets. The long action I giure is the way to go.

My question is, can I use a bolt from a different Remington 700 that is has the 06 bolt face. The current config of the bolt is for the .300 Win Mag which is a bigger bolt face than the .284 case. Will this work or will the mag bolt face work with the 06 case?

I look forward to your thoughts. If it won't work what should I do? 264 Win Mag?

Cheers,
Jason

Posts: 98 | Location: Plano, TX | Registered: 16 November 2002Reply With Quote
<JBelk>
posted
As long as you're going to rebarrel it, sure. The bolts are the same but the headspace might be different.

Bolts are enterchangeble between *actions* but not *rifles*.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I am rebarrelling to 6.5-284 and need to find a bolt for the gun with a 06 boltface. Any one got one for sale email me at jason@emisystems.net. Cheers, Jason

Posts: 98 | Location: Plano, TX | Registered: 16 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You don't need a new bolt. You can have the bolt face bushed and recut for a 470 bolt face.

Posts: 593 | Location: My computer. | Registered: 28 November 2001Reply With Quote