Find
Notify
Tools

Don Knots aka Mr. ROPER
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted
A Roper 16ga Rotary magazine shotgun. This is the first one I've ever seen. and a rimfire Single made in Mass.

and a really bad pic of a Damascus Wesley Richards 12ga. I fkt up the camera setting bad.

Posts: 6481 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Norman Fell played Mr Roper. I can't remember Knotts' character name.

Posts: 550 | Location: Augusta,GA | Registered: 01 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
Doh.. you're right.

one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrfudd:
Norman Fell played Mr Roper. I can't remember Knotts' character name.

Mr. Farly?

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don Knotts, aka Barney Fife.

Jim

Posts: 1206 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 25 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LongDistanceOperator
posted Hide Post
Don Knotts was Mr. Furley

Posts: 7580 | Location: near Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: 15 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LongDistanceOperator:
Don Knotts was Mr. Furley

LDO is right on.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Knotts was originally a regular on the Steve Allen show, along with Tom Posten, Bill Dana, Louie Nye, Andy Williams, etc.

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tin can:
Knotts was originally a regular on the Steve Allen show, along with Tom Posten, Bill Dana, Louie Nye, Andy Williams, etc.

Dating yourself Tin Can ... Wink

Posts: 13301 | Location: On the Couch with West Coast Cool | Registered: 20 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I remember him on Ed Sullivan (I think) as Mr. Nervous.

Posts: 223 | Location: arizona | Registered: 07 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
A Roper 16ga Rotary magazine shotgun.

Deadly assault weapons. Drug dealers' weapon of choice. Not fit for our streets. No sporting purpose. Best used on a battlefield...

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Macifej:
quote:
Originally posted by tin can:

Dating yourself Tin Can ... Wink

-I only know that because my parents took CHA-CHA* lessons on Friday nights, and I could outlast the baby sitterSmiler

*one-two-cha-cha-cha

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
His most famous role was BARNEY on the ANDY GRIFFITH show.

one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
The Roper shotguns had their own propritary brass shells, They did not use a standard 16ga shell. They were a very early repeater, one of the first.

Keith

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
The rimfire is a Fordham & Wadsworth

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill Dana- "My name Jose Jimenez."

Posts: 332 | Location: Annapolis,Md. | Registered: 24 January 2006Reply With Quote