New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elk Ridge Gunstocks?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Have any you used Elk Ridge Gunstocks? What did you think of them as far as value, wood figure and action fit?

Posts: 118 | Location: Lakeville, MN | Registered: 04 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have their Elk Ridge Varminter Laminate with ebony tip and cap for a Rem 700. The stock came semi-inletted, I opted to get the standard barrel channel contour and opened it up for a Douglas 5.5 countour.

They quoted me 4-5 weeks and it was right on time. Price was higher than Richards Microfit, but the lead time was shorter, so I got it from Elk Ridge.

Lots of sanding is necessary, but that was fine with me. I finished it with a in-the-wood finish of ZAR satin polyurethane.

Here are pictures.

Jim

Liberals make me puke.

Posts: 209 | Location: Heart of the Bluegrass, KY | Registered: 19 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jim - Nice looking rig! A question; the view of your gun from the top makes the stock appear to have a great deal of cast-on, i.e., the butt appears significantly left of the bore line. Am I seeing it correctly?

"There are only three kinds of people; those who can count, and those who can't."

Posts: 1366 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 10 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Glen71,

Thanks for the nice comment. The stock is straight. The pictures are all "stitched" together from several close pictures. This was the only way I could get high-quality with the crappy camera I had.

Jim

Liberals make me puke.

Posts: 209 | Location: Heart of the Bluegrass, KY | Registered: 19 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My luck is that all my Turk Mauser Stocks with cast are to the leftFrowner

Posts: 2249 | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
Is there any differences in the styles offered by elkridge and richards? I think they even have the same names.

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote