New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ trigger
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does anyone make a decent replacement trigger for the CZ centerfire rifles ??

Thanks

One of Us
posted Hide Post
From all accounts AHR have an aftermarket trigger. Robgunbuilder told me about them.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My understanding is that the AHR trigger is simply a replacement finger piece, made by Jim Wisner. It's NOT a complete replacement trigger mechanism, which I don't see any need for anyways...

Best,
Joe

Posts: 144 | Location: Riverview, MI | Registered: 20 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
CZ triggers are easy to work on. Any experienced gunsmith can give you a very crisp 3lb trigger by honing. If your gun came with the two-stage trigger, throw the gimmick in the nearest dustbin, install the standard trigger that came in a small plastic envelope, and leave your gun with a good gunsmith for one hour. You'll be surprised at the difference.

Posts: 27 | Location: Nigeria | Registered: 20 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, this is interesting, I was unaware they came with a standard trigger also, I was under the impression you could remove the set feature at least that's what the online manual says.

So anyway, I bought a used (1box of shells through it) CZ 527 premium in 223 last week. It is supposed to come with all of the stuff that was included when bought new. So when I get it, if it only comes with the set trigger and the original owner can't come up with the standard trigger what are the chances of getting one from CZ USA. I could care less about the set trigger feature, I was just going to remove the set feature from the set trigger.

Also can someone point me to information about the wisner AHR lever, this is also the first I have heard of it.

Thanks,

RJS

Posts: 210 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 03 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
RJS,

I believe Philip's information was inaccurate. The older BRNO 600/601/602 series were the rifles that had the two trigger options. To the best of my knowledge, CZ 550s and 527s have ONLY been made with the single-set trigger. The BRNO predecessor to the 527 had double-set triggers, as I recall.

Best,
Joe

Posts: 144 | Location: Riverview, MI | Registered: 20 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Next Joe is correct. BRNOS came with an ugly straight types set trigger and a normal blade in alittle green bag.

The stadard trigger on a cz is listed a s a factory option. However I personally like the ability to push it forward for "set mode" makes for a real light trigger.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yup. I was unaware that they changed the trigger after the 600 series...

Does the 600 standard trigger still fit, or is it the whole trigger system that has been changed?

Posts: 27 | Location: Nigeria | Registered: 20 June 2003Reply With Quote
<Chuck from arkansaw>
posted
You folks are talking about 2 different rifle actions. The Brno 600 series square bridge mauser for 30-06 and similar cartridges and the C.Z. 527 action which is a miniature mauser for hornet, .223 and 7.62 X 39 cartridges. The 600 series has standard 2 stage and 1 stage mauser triggers with a single set as an option. The 527 comes with an adjustable single stage trigger that can also be used as a single set trigger.